Last November i was planning a trip to Europe, but unfortunately, had to cancel my trip last moment due to an emergency at home. I Now plan to make my trip in June since it coincides with a Conference that i intend to attend. Below are the details and my queries. Would be glad to hear your advice/ suggestions.....Thanks in advance.
- The Conference that i'm attending is a JCI European conference between June 13th to 17th at Braunschweig, Germany.
- The places that i intend to visit are Paris, Switzerland, Berlin, Dusseldorf & Austria (Salzburg)
- I have my sister in Dusseldorf, so my last port will be dusseldorf and i will leave back to India from there....
- What is an ideal route i should take?
- I was planning Paris - 2 days, Switzerland - 3 days, Austria - 2 days, Berlin - 2 days, Braunschweig (Conference) - 4 days, Dusseldorf - 4 days, 2 days extra...Total of 19 days
- Accomodation is taken care at Switzerland (in Ermatingen to be exact), Austria & Dusseldorf as i have friends and relatives. In Paris & Berlin will be requiring accomodation. (Hostel accomodation will do)
- Apart from the flight from India and back, my budget is about 1250 US$...This includes my travel within europe, food and drinks, accomodation in Berlin & Paris, some souvenir shopping etc...Is this OK?
- What is the best mode of travel? will a point to point train ticket be fine or should i buy a eurail pass?
- i'm solo (Im trying for a company from India), but in case i travel solo, are there any such groups/ forums where i can join a bunch of fellow travellers?
There are my queries....I look forward to some great suggestions and advice....
Thanks & Regards,
Solo Tour to Germany, Switzerland, Paris & Austria
- 1 Three for the road
- 2 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 3 Car in Prague
- 4 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 8 Public transport from Ostuni
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Prague - must see
- 11 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 12 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 13 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 14 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 15 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 16 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 19 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 20 One more last question on Bayeux
- 21 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 24 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 25 5 days in Granada - Seville?