Last November i was planning a trip to Europe, but unfortunately, had to cancel my trip last moment due to an emergency at home. I Now plan to make my trip in June since it coincides with a Conference that i intend to attend. Below are the details and my queries. Would be glad to hear your advice/ suggestions.....Thanks in advance.
- The Conference that i'm attending is a JCI European conference between June 13th to 17th at Braunschweig, Germany.
- The places that i intend to visit are Paris, Switzerland, Berlin, Dusseldorf & Austria (Salzburg)
- I have my sister in Dusseldorf, so my last port will be dusseldorf and i will leave back to India from there....
- What is an ideal route i should take?
- I was planning Paris - 2 days, Switzerland - 3 days, Austria - 2 days, Berlin - 2 days, Braunschweig (Conference) - 4 days, Dusseldorf - 4 days, 2 days extra...Total of 19 days
- Accomodation is taken care at Switzerland (in Ermatingen to be exact), Austria & Dusseldorf as i have friends and relatives. In Paris & Berlin will be requiring accomodation. (Hostel accomodation will do)
- Apart from the flight from India and back, my budget is about 1250 US$...This includes my travel within europe, food and drinks, accomodation in Berlin & Paris, some souvenir shopping etc...Is this OK?
- What is the best mode of travel? will a point to point train ticket be fine or should i buy a eurail pass?
- i'm solo (Im trying for a company from India), but in case i travel solo, are there any such groups/ forums where i can join a bunch of fellow travellers?
There are my queries....I look forward to some great suggestions and advice....
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/skinnoir-cream/
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 5 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 6 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 7 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 8 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 9 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 10 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Provence to Nice driving
- 13 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 14 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 17 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 18 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 19 German Train travel
- 20 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 21 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 22 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 23 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 24 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 25 Barcelona on budget