Last November i was planning a trip to Europe, but unfortunately, had to cancel my trip last moment due to an emergency at home. I Now plan to make my trip in June since it coincides with a Conference that i intend to attend. Below are the details and my queries. Would be glad to hear your advice/ suggestions.....Thanks in advance.
- The Conference that i'm attending is a JCI European conference between June 13th to 17th at Braunschweig, Germany.
- The places that i intend to visit are Paris, Switzerland, Berlin, Dusseldorf & Austria (Salzburg)
- I have my sister in Dusseldorf, so my last port will be dusseldorf and i will leave back to India from there....
- What is an ideal route i should take?
- I was planning Paris - 2 days, Switzerland - 3 days, Austria - 2 days, Berlin - 2 days, Braunschweig (Conference) - 4 days, Dusseldorf - 4 days, 2 days extra...Total of 19 days
- Accomodation is taken care at Switzerland (in Ermatingen to be exact), Austria & Dusseldorf as i have friends and relatives. In Paris & Berlin will be requiring accomodation. (Hostel accomodation will do)
- Apart from the flight from India and back, my budget is about 1250 US$...This includes my travel within europe, food and drinks, accomodation in Berlin & Paris, some souvenir shopping etc...Is this OK?
- What is the best mode of travel? will a point to point train ticket be fine or should i buy a eurail pass?
- i'm solo (Im trying for a company from India), but in case i travel solo, are there any such groups/ forums where i can join a bunch of fellow travellers?
There are my queries....I look forward to some great suggestions and advice....
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 2 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 3 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 4 Sitges Hotel ??
- 5 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 6 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 7 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 8 French lavender and cottages
- 9 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 10 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 11 MiFi in Italy
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 14 Seville in late January
- 15 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 16 Cork or Galway?
- 17 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 18 What Greek islands should I visit
- 19 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 20 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 21 Major quake in central Itay
- 22 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 23 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 25 3 days with a Swindon base