Last November i was planning a trip to Europe, but unfortunately, had to cancel my trip last moment due to an emergency at home. I Now plan to make my trip in June since it coincides with a Conference that i intend to attend. Below are the details and my queries. Would be glad to hear your advice/ suggestions.....Thanks in advance.
- The Conference that i'm attending is a JCI European conference between June 13th to 17th at Braunschweig, Germany.
- The places that i intend to visit are Paris, Switzerland, Berlin, Dusseldorf & Austria (Salzburg)
- I have my sister in Dusseldorf, so my last port will be dusseldorf and i will leave back to India from there....
- What is an ideal route i should take?
- I was planning Paris - 2 days, Switzerland - 3 days, Austria - 2 days, Berlin - 2 days, Braunschweig (Conference) - 4 days, Dusseldorf - 4 days, 2 days extra...Total of 19 days
- Accomodation is taken care at Switzerland (in Ermatingen to be exact), Austria & Dusseldorf as i have friends and relatives. In Paris & Berlin will be requiring accomodation. (Hostel accomodation will do)
- Apart from the flight from India and back, my budget is about 1250 US$...This includes my travel within europe, food and drinks, accomodation in Berlin & Paris, some souvenir shopping etc...Is this OK?
- What is the best mode of travel? will a point to point train ticket be fine or should i buy a eurail pass?
- i'm solo (Im trying for a company from India), but in case i travel solo, are there any such groups/ forums where i can join a bunch of fellow travellers?
There are my queries....I look forward to some great suggestions and advice....
Thanks & Regards,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 2 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 5 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 6 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 7 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 8 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Where to buy Saffron?
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 21 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice