I will be in Paris for a month (April 2015) and will be taking French Lessons and walking around the lovely streets of Paris.
My classes will be Monday to Thursday or MTTh (still finalizing) and thus will be free for the rest of the time. During those school days, I would love to explore Paris however I plan to also do side trips with minimal overnight trips to save money.
Places I've been in the Past: Brussels, Amsterdam, Strasbourg, Nice and surrounding areas.
Places I've loved to visit: London, Bruges, Provins, Rouen, Chartes, Fountainbleau, Luxembourg
I will be solo, so I wanted to take an easy day trip that will involve trains- not a car, as I won't be driving abroad.
I plan to visit London but because of expensive hotels, I plan on doing a long day and go back to Paris, saving on hotel night. However, this might be my only trip for a few years and was wondering if paying extra will be worth it to me. I don't mind just doing an overview of the city and Im concerned about the costs as well. Some suggested a daytrip and doing a hop on hop off buses which was really ideal, then go back to Paris. One vs Two days? if i go for 2 days, it'll be Friday + sat. If I go only one day, which one is better? Friday or Sat?
Bruges is also a place I've been wanting to go but I am enchanted with the nighttime photos I see . however Bruges is also expensive. So, help me decide:
If I'll have overnight stay, London vs Bruges or both??
I've also considered going to Luxembourg, then traveling to Bruges (4 hrs) overnight then next day going to Ghent then back to Paris.
As you can see, I am very indecisive and would love some help. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 2 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 3 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 4 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 8 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 9 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 10 Scotland Trip Report
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 Charming areas to explore in London
- 13 Trip to Ireland in September
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 16 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 17 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 18 Cornwall UK
- 19 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 20 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 21 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Train tickets in Italy?
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 25 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium