I will be in Paris for a month (April 2015) and will be taking French Lessons and walking around the lovely streets of Paris.
My classes will be Monday to Thursday or MTTh (still finalizing) and thus will be free for the rest of the time. During those school days, I would love to explore Paris however I plan to also do side trips with minimal overnight trips to save money.
Places I've been in the Past: Brussels, Amsterdam, Strasbourg, Nice and surrounding areas.
Places I've loved to visit: London, Bruges, Provins, Rouen, Chartes, Fountainbleau, Luxembourg
I will be solo, so I wanted to take an easy day trip that will involve trains- not a car, as I won't be driving abroad.
I plan to visit London but because of expensive hotels, I plan on doing a long day and go back to Paris, saving on hotel night. However, this might be my only trip for a few years and was wondering if paying extra will be worth it to me. I don't mind just doing an overview of the city and Im concerned about the costs as well. Some suggested a daytrip and doing a hop on hop off buses which was really ideal, then go back to Paris. One vs Two days? if i go for 2 days, it'll be Friday + sat. If I go only one day, which one is better? Friday or Sat?
Bruges is also a place I've been wanting to go but I am enchanted with the nighttime photos I see . however Bruges is also expensive. So, help me decide:
If I'll have overnight stay, London vs Bruges or both??
I've also considered going to Luxembourg, then traveling to Bruges (4 hrs) overnight then next day going to Ghent then back to Paris.
As you can see, I am very indecisive and would love some help. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 What's up with the showers in Europe??
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 13 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 14 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017