I will be in Paris for a month (April 2015) and will be taking French Lessons and walking around the lovely streets of Paris.
My classes will be Monday to Thursday or MTTh (still finalizing) and thus will be free for the rest of the time. During those school days, I would love to explore Paris however I plan to also do side trips with minimal overnight trips to save money.
Places I've been in the Past: Brussels, Amsterdam, Strasbourg, Nice and surrounding areas.
Places I've loved to visit: London, Bruges, Provins, Rouen, Chartes, Fountainbleau, Luxembourg
I will be solo, so I wanted to take an easy day trip that will involve trains- not a car, as I won't be driving abroad.
I plan to visit London but because of expensive hotels, I plan on doing a long day and go back to Paris, saving on hotel night. However, this might be my only trip for a few years and was wondering if paying extra will be worth it to me. I don't mind just doing an overview of the city and Im concerned about the costs as well. Some suggested a daytrip and doing a hop on hop off buses which was really ideal, then go back to Paris. One vs Two days? if i go for 2 days, it'll be Friday + sat. If I go only one day, which one is better? Friday or Sat?
Bruges is also a place I've been wanting to go but I am enchanted with the nighttime photos I see . however Bruges is also expensive. So, help me decide:
If I'll have overnight stay, London vs Bruges or both??
I've also considered going to Luxembourg, then traveling to Bruges (4 hrs) overnight then next day going to Ghent then back to Paris.
As you can see, I am very indecisive and would love some help. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 2 International drivers permit
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 6 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 9 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 10 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 11 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 16 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 19 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 TIM in FCO - update
- 22 London GTG May 19-25
- 23 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 24 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 25 Classical Tour of Albania