I will be in Paris for a month (April 2015) and will be taking French Lessons and walking around the lovely streets of Paris.
My classes will be Monday to Thursday or MTTh (still finalizing) and thus will be free for the rest of the time. During those school days, I would love to explore Paris however I plan to also do side trips with minimal overnight trips to save money.
Places I've been in the Past: Brussels, Amsterdam, Strasbourg, Nice and surrounding areas.
Places I've loved to visit: London, Bruges, Provins, Rouen, Chartes, Fountainbleau, Luxembourg
I will be solo, so I wanted to take an easy day trip that will involve trains- not a car, as I won't be driving abroad.
I plan to visit London but because of expensive hotels, I plan on doing a long day and go back to Paris, saving on hotel night. However, this might be my only trip for a few years and was wondering if paying extra will be worth it to me. I don't mind just doing an overview of the city and Im concerned about the costs as well. Some suggested a daytrip and doing a hop on hop off buses which was really ideal, then go back to Paris. One vs Two days? if i go for 2 days, it'll be Friday + sat. If I go only one day, which one is better? Friday or Sat?
Bruges is also a place I've been wanting to go but I am enchanted with the nighttime photos I see . however Bruges is also expensive. So, help me decide:
If I'll have overnight stay, London vs Bruges or both??
I've also considered going to Luxembourg, then traveling to Bruges (4 hrs) overnight then next day going to Ghent then back to Paris.
As you can see, I am very indecisive and would love some help. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Where to enjoy Paris
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Athens
- 13 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 16 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 21 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome