This year I will celebrate a siginificant b'day towards the end of the year and my work closes down over Christmas.
So I started thinking of a short holiday over Christmas. And Paris being my favourite city, I thought why not? Paris over Christmas will be beautiful!
Are there any specific tips or advice or suggestions for solo in Paris over the Christmas holiday? I was thinking of staying 7 days and have short listed accommodation in the St Germain area.
Coming from Australia, I will probably be jet lagged the first day. Any suggestions on what to do on that day?
I may have to buy a really warm coat the first day there, any suggestions of where I should head to buy warm clothes of good quality but reasonably priced?
Is everything closed on Christmas Day? Suggestions for things to do for the day?
I have been to Paris before but being winter, I thought revisiting some museums, Orsay and Louvre will nice.
I would also like to go to Versailles. Is this practicle in winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 3 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 4 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 5 http://isscamreview.com/option-figures/
- 6 Amalfi coast
- 7 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 8 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 9 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 10 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 11 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 12 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 13 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 14 Beaches in Southern France
- 15 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 16 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 17 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 18 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 19 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 20 French lavender and cottages
- 21 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 22 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 23 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 24 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 25 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?