This year I will celebrate a siginificant b'day towards the end of the year and my work closes down over Christmas.
So I started thinking of a short holiday over Christmas. And Paris being my favourite city, I thought why not? Paris over Christmas will be beautiful!
Are there any specific tips or advice or suggestions for solo in Paris over the Christmas holiday? I was thinking of staying 7 days and have short listed accommodation in the St Germain area.
Coming from Australia, I will probably be jet lagged the first day. Any suggestions on what to do on that day?
I may have to buy a really warm coat the first day there, any suggestions of where I should head to buy warm clothes of good quality but reasonably priced?
Is everything closed on Christmas Day? Suggestions for things to do for the day?
I have been to Paris before but being winter, I thought revisiting some museums, Orsay and Louvre will nice.
I would also like to go to Versailles. Is this practicle in winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 2 Puglia
- 3 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 4 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 5 This secure, as immoderate-colossal
- 6 From London to Paris to US
- 7 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Residential wallpaper designs
- 10 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 11 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 12 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 16 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 19 Road Maps of Ireland
- 20 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Manchester on derby weekend
- 23 Rome to Positano
- 24 Day trips from Uzes
- 25 Itinerary Critique, please?