This year I will celebrate a siginificant b'day towards the end of the year and my work closes down over Christmas.
So I started thinking of a short holiday over Christmas. And Paris being my favourite city, I thought why not? Paris over Christmas will be beautiful!
Are there any specific tips or advice or suggestions for solo in Paris over the Christmas holiday? I was thinking of staying 7 days and have short listed accommodation in the St Germain area.
Coming from Australia, I will probably be jet lagged the first day. Any suggestions on what to do on that day?
I may have to buy a really warm coat the first day there, any suggestions of where I should head to buy warm clothes of good quality but reasonably priced?
Is everything closed on Christmas Day? Suggestions for things to do for the day?
I have been to Paris before but being winter, I thought revisiting some museums, Orsay and Louvre will nice.
I would also like to go to Versailles. Is this practicle in winter?
Solo in Paris Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 Day Trips from Paris
- 3 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 4 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 5 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 6 To Prague or not to Prague
- 7 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 8 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 9 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 10 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 13 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 14 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 A Week in Spain
- 17 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 18 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Home Base in Belgium
- 23 London Pass
- 24 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 25 Potential trip - Balkans