This year I will celebrate a siginificant b'day towards the end of the year and my work closes down over Christmas.
So I started thinking of a short holiday over Christmas. And Paris being my favourite city, I thought why not? Paris over Christmas will be beautiful!
Are there any specific tips or advice or suggestions for solo in Paris over the Christmas holiday? I was thinking of staying 7 days and have short listed accommodation in the St Germain area.
Coming from Australia, I will probably be jet lagged the first day. Any suggestions on what to do on that day?
I may have to buy a really warm coat the first day there, any suggestions of where I should head to buy warm clothes of good quality but reasonably priced?
Is everything closed on Christmas Day? Suggestions for things to do for the day?
I have been to Paris before but being winter, I thought revisiting some museums, Orsay and Louvre will nice.
I would also like to go to Versailles. Is this practicle in winter?
Solo in Paris Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 2 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 5 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 6 Airbnb recommendations: London, Paris, Rome
- 7 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 15 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 16 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 20 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 23 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 24 Spain Questions
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam