This year I will celebrate a siginificant b'day towards the end of the year and my work closes down over Christmas.
So I started thinking of a short holiday over Christmas. And Paris being my favourite city, I thought why not? Paris over Christmas will be beautiful!
Are there any specific tips or advice or suggestions for solo in Paris over the Christmas holiday? I was thinking of staying 7 days and have short listed accommodation in the St Germain area.
Coming from Australia, I will probably be jet lagged the first day. Any suggestions on what to do on that day?
I may have to buy a really warm coat the first day there, any suggestions of where I should head to buy warm clothes of good quality but reasonably priced?
Is everything closed on Christmas Day? Suggestions for things to do for the day?
I have been to Paris before but being winter, I thought revisiting some museums, Orsay and Louvre will nice.
I would also like to go to Versailles. Is this practicle in winter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland & Scotland
- 2 First trip to Italy
- 3 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 4 Scenic Driving Routes
- 5 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 6 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 7 http://www.healthynutritionfacts.org/coal-cosmetic-moisturizer/
- 8 Andalucia in December
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 11 Budapest Hotels
- 12 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 13 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 14 London's Must Sights!
- 15 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 16 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 17 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 18 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 21 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 22 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 23 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 24 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 25 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing