I plan to visit a few of the following in a 15-19 days tour starting from London.
Must visits for me :
Amsterdam 2N,Berlin 3N,Krakow 2N,Munich 3N
That still leaves with me few more days to explore some more..
This trip follows a 23 day trip through Swiss-Italy-Paris-London with my wife. Post that I will be doing this solo. I will definitely come back with Kids and Wife again to Europe but these 2-3 weeks will be for me..and would like to cover places which they might not be interested to come in their first couple of visits...
Have no major preferences, but I like to chill out and my idea of relaxing is drinking some nice beer with some nice snacks on the banks of a canal/river , visit some places at my own pace....not too much into art but still would like to visit the must visit places...I would stay in hostels, preferably in single bedded rooms based on availability, and I am not much of a Party person either...if I have good company will go..else I am okay reading a book and having a good nights sleep...
1) Which out of Bruges/Vienna/Prague/Budapest should i skip? If you had to choose 2 which ones would you choose?
2) Bruges is very accessible from London and can do that before moving onto Amsterdam and can be done in 2 days...so do that..or move directly to Amsterdam and do Vienna/Budapest instead.
3) Krakow seems to be far from everywhere...so maybe I can take a short flight from Berlin and then a Night Train from Krakow to say Vienna/Prague. Any suggestions? How do I book train tickets from/to Krakow? Can I buy when I reach there?
4) What does Budapest have to offer more than its Thermal Baths? Are they even in operation in October?
5) Any suggestions on good, clean hostels in these places?
6) Shall I book all train tickets for the above destinations online in advance or I can go and book once I reach there?
Any thing else ?
Thanks a ton in advance!
Solo First Time - What to choose between Bruges/Prague/Vienna/Budapest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 2 plug adapters ITALY
- 3 10 days to Explore Europe
- 4 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 5 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 6 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 7 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 8 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 9 How much luggage?????
- 10 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 11 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 12 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 13 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 14 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 15 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 16 Help with France itinerary
- 17 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 18 German Rail Twin Pass
- 19 London restaurants
- 20 White Villages base?
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 Italy and Switzerland--September/October 2013
- 23 biking in France
- 24 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 25 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?