I plan to visit a few of the following in a 15-19 days tour starting from London.
Must visits for me :
Amsterdam 2N,Berlin 3N,Krakow 2N,Munich 3N
That still leaves with me few more days to explore some more..
This trip follows a 23 day trip through Swiss-Italy-Paris-London with my wife. Post that I will be doing this solo. I will definitely come back with Kids and Wife again to Europe but these 2-3 weeks will be for me..and would like to cover places which they might not be interested to come in their first couple of visits...
Have no major preferences, but I like to chill out and my idea of relaxing is drinking some nice beer with some nice snacks on the banks of a canal/river , visit some places at my own pace....not too much into art but still would like to visit the must visit places...I would stay in hostels, preferably in single bedded rooms based on availability, and I am not much of a Party person either...if I have good company will go..else I am okay reading a book and having a good nights sleep...
1) Which out of Bruges/Vienna/Prague/Budapest should i skip? If you had to choose 2 which ones would you choose?
2) Bruges is very accessible from London and can do that before moving onto Amsterdam and can be done in 2 days...so do that..or move directly to Amsterdam and do Vienna/Budapest instead.
3) Krakow seems to be far from everywhere...so maybe I can take a short flight from Berlin and then a Night Train from Krakow to say Vienna/Prague. Any suggestions? How do I book train tickets from/to Krakow? Can I buy when I reach there?
4) What does Budapest have to offer more than its Thermal Baths? Are they even in operation in October?
5) Any suggestions on good, clean hostels in these places?
6) Shall I book all train tickets for the above destinations online in advance or I can go and book once I reach there?
Any thing else ?
Thanks a ton in advance!
Solo First Time - What to choose between Bruges/Prague/Vienna/Budapest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 4 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 5 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 6 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 7 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 10 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 11 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 12 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 13 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 18 2 weeks in Europe
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 25 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary