I plan to visit a few of the following in a 15-19 days tour starting from London.
Must visits for me :
Amsterdam 2N,Berlin 3N,Krakow 2N,Munich 3N
That still leaves with me few more days to explore some more..
This trip follows a 23 day trip through Swiss-Italy-Paris-London with my wife. Post that I will be doing this solo. I will definitely come back with Kids and Wife again to Europe but these 2-3 weeks will be for me..and would like to cover places which they might not be interested to come in their first couple of visits...
Have no major preferences, but I like to chill out and my idea of relaxing is drinking some nice beer with some nice snacks on the banks of a canal/river , visit some places at my own pace....not too much into art but still would like to visit the must visit places...I would stay in hostels, preferably in single bedded rooms based on availability, and I am not much of a Party person either...if I have good company will go..else I am okay reading a book and having a good nights sleep...
1) Which out of Bruges/Vienna/Prague/Budapest should i skip? If you had to choose 2 which ones would you choose?
2) Bruges is very accessible from London and can do that before moving onto Amsterdam and can be done in 2 days...so do that..or move directly to Amsterdam and do Vienna/Budapest instead.
3) Krakow seems to be far from everywhere...so maybe I can take a short flight from Berlin and then a Night Train from Krakow to say Vienna/Prague. Any suggestions? How do I book train tickets from/to Krakow? Can I buy when I reach there?
4) What does Budapest have to offer more than its Thermal Baths? Are they even in operation in October?
5) Any suggestions on good, clean hostels in these places?
6) Shall I book all train tickets for the above destinations online in advance or I can go and book once I reach there?
Any thing else ?
Thanks a ton in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day in Lille, France
- 2 CDG to Marais transfer
- 3 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 4 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 5 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 6 London best location
- 7 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 8 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 9 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 10 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 11 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 12 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 13 Transportation Question Italy
- 14 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 15 Cinqueterre
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 London Restaurants
- 18 Train tickets in Italy?
- 19 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 20 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 21 Corsica
- 22 17 days in England
- 23 VENICE
- 24 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 25 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
Solo First Time - What to choose between Bruges/Prague/Vienna/Budapest?