Thought I would turn to the seasoned travelers here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old female about to embark on my first solo travel. After much debate between Western Europe and Turkey, I decided to head to Turkey for about 9 days around the 18th-28th of December 2014. I have not been to Turkey before. I was wondering if anyone has been there that time of year? Are most places open as per usual?
What's a good itinerary? I'm mostly interested in seeing the main areas of Istanbul and maybe take a day trip or something to nearby historical sites. I was thinking to spend about 5 days in Istanbul and split the rest of the time between Antakya (city) and Cyprus (North). Perhaps 2 days each? Do you guys think this is doable?
Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!
I apologize in advance if something similar was previously asked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 4 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 12 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 15 Naxos car rental
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 K-Day
- 19 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 20 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 21 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 22 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Campervan in Croatia
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?