Thought I would turn to the seasoned travelers here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old female about to embark on my first solo travel. After much debate between Western Europe and Turkey, I decided to head to Turkey for about 9 days around the 18th-28th of December 2014. I have not been to Turkey before. I was wondering if anyone has been there that time of year? Are most places open as per usual?
What's a good itinerary? I'm mostly interested in seeing the main areas of Istanbul and maybe take a day trip or something to nearby historical sites. I was thinking to spend about 5 days in Istanbul and split the rest of the time between Antakya (city) and Cyprus (North). Perhaps 2 days each? Do you guys think this is doable?
Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!
I apologize in advance if something similar was previously asked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Where to enjoy Paris
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Athens
- 12 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 18 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome