Thought I would turn to the seasoned travelers here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old female about to embark on my first solo travel. After much debate between Western Europe and Turkey, I decided to head to Turkey for about 9 days around the 18th-28th of December 2014. I have not been to Turkey before. I was wondering if anyone has been there that time of year? Are most places open as per usual?
What's a good itinerary? I'm mostly interested in seeing the main areas of Istanbul and maybe take a day trip or something to nearby historical sites. I was thinking to spend about 5 days in Istanbul and split the rest of the time between Antakya (city) and Cyprus (North). Perhaps 2 days each? Do you guys think this is doable?
Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!
I apologize in advance if something similar was previously asked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 2 Football Tickets - Athens
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 7 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 8 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 9 Last minute trip to Capri
- 10 3nights in Venice
- 11 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 12 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 13 Earthquake near Naples
- 14 Budapest to Kosice
- 15 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 16 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 17 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 18 Paris in November
- 19 My 3 days in Venice
- 20 multi city flights to europe
- 21 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 22 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 23 One week in Europe
- 24 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 25 London Theater