Thought I would turn to the seasoned travelers here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old female about to embark on my first solo travel. After much debate between Western Europe and Turkey, I decided to head to Turkey for about 9 days around the 18th-28th of December 2014. I have not been to Turkey before. I was wondering if anyone has been there that time of year? Are most places open as per usual?
What's a good itinerary? I'm mostly interested in seeing the main areas of Istanbul and maybe take a day trip or something to nearby historical sites. I was thinking to spend about 5 days in Istanbul and split the rest of the time between Antakya (city) and Cyprus (North). Perhaps 2 days each? Do you guys think this is doable?
Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!
I apologize in advance if something similar was previously asked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 2 Lisbon trip report
- 3 restaurants in Marais district
- 4 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 5 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 6 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 7 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 11 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 14 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 17 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 18 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 19 Norway Itinerary
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 23 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 24 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 25 Enough time to make connection at CDG?