Thought I would turn to the seasoned travelers here for some advice. I'm a 24 year old female about to embark on my first solo travel. After much debate between Western Europe and Turkey, I decided to head to Turkey for about 9 days around the 18th-28th of December 2014. I have not been to Turkey before. I was wondering if anyone has been there that time of year? Are most places open as per usual?
What's a good itinerary? I'm mostly interested in seeing the main areas of Istanbul and maybe take a day trip or something to nearby historical sites. I was thinking to spend about 5 days in Istanbul and split the rest of the time between Antakya (city) and Cyprus (North). Perhaps 2 days each? Do you guys think this is doable?
Any ideas/suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!
I apologize in advance if something similar was previously asked.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 2 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 3 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 4 Valencia, Spain
- 5 Restaurants in Spain
- 6 Which city order makes most sense?
- 7 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 8 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 9 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Transportation Question Italy
- 12 Help with basic itinerary
- 13 Short Trip to Paris
- 14 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 15 Greece and Italy Combo
- 16 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 17 Final Four
- 18 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 19 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 20 Where are the Mods?
- 21 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 22 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 23 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 24 Visit to Engand
- 25 Cinqueterre