I am planning a trip in early July to Germany and will be going to Berlin for work. Afterward, I wanted to go somewhere for a few days to have a short vacation. I am thinking about either Amsterdam or Prague. I can afford about 3-4 days maximum and will be traveling by myself (late 20s, single female from North America). I would like to take a train from Berlin rather than fly.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to which city would be better in this circumstances? I want somewhere where I am going to feel safe. Also, any suggestions on attractions or places to stay that are good for solo female travelers would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany or Sweden
- 2 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 3 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 4 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 11 Sicily help
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Athens Help
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 "Too Much Cows"
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 18 Thinking about the Fjords
- 19 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag