I will finally be taking my first trip to Europe this fall (likely mid to late September) and have decided that I want to focus on France for the entirety. I'll be traveling alone, and I am a young twenty-something female (and...very American looking, I guess I should add, haha). While I understand the need for concern as to that aspect, I've traveled alone in Asia before, and did fine; I'm now wanting more help with planning the actual trip. I am overwhelmed at the amount of information on the internet, because I'm so detail oriented. Here are a few things to help
1. I am very much into wine. I worked in the wine industry in California, and it is now a huge passion. I'd love for the focus of my trip to be on food and beverage, esp since I'm by myself...there's nothing else to focus on I've of course wondered if I can or should go to Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhone region, or anything. Since I'm alone and don't speak French, it'd have to be something doable.
2. I am on a budget. Not a college kid budget, but I'm not trying to spend tons of thousands on this trip. I'm definitely willing to put in money if it means safety, and a little comfort once in awhile. I'm thinking I should stay in as many hostels as I can, and then occasionally sleep in hotels if it's outside of Paris.
3. I would love to meet as many people as I can. I'm friendly and outgoing, but can be shy since I'm alone. I'm comfortable eating and drinking alone, but meeting all sorts of people is part of the fun of traveling alone, in my opinion.
4. I love it all - mountains, countryside, coast/beach, big city. I'd ideally like to spend 5 days in Paris to soak it in, at least, and would be happy to hear other recs.
5. Again - I'm alone, young, single, female, and blonde...and paranoid! So I want to be careful above everything else.
Any help for ideas as far as an itinerary would be great! Even just city suggestions and how long is needed there helps. As far as Paris, I'd love to hear any restaurant, cafe, or wine recommendations. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Northern Ireland ideas
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 12 Long weekend in Albania
- 13 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 scotland itinerary
- 17 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Hotel in Florence
- 21 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 22 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 23 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 24 Malta - how to do it?
- 25 Using CPAP machine in France
Solo female traveling to France for 10-14 days...need help with itinerary!