I will finally be taking my first trip to Europe this fall (likely mid to late September) and have decided that I want to focus on France for the entirety. I'll be traveling alone, and I am a young twenty-something female (and...very American looking, I guess I should add, haha). While I understand the need for concern as to that aspect, I've traveled alone in Asia before, and did fine; I'm now wanting more help with planning the actual trip. I am overwhelmed at the amount of information on the internet, because I'm so detail oriented. Here are a few things to help
1. I am very much into wine. I worked in the wine industry in California, and it is now a huge passion. I'd love for the focus of my trip to be on food and beverage, esp since I'm by myself...there's nothing else to focus on I've of course wondered if I can or should go to Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhone region, or anything. Since I'm alone and don't speak French, it'd have to be something doable.
2. I am on a budget. Not a college kid budget, but I'm not trying to spend tons of thousands on this trip. I'm definitely willing to put in money if it means safety, and a little comfort once in awhile. I'm thinking I should stay in as many hostels as I can, and then occasionally sleep in hotels if it's outside of Paris.
3. I would love to meet as many people as I can. I'm friendly and outgoing, but can be shy since I'm alone. I'm comfortable eating and drinking alone, but meeting all sorts of people is part of the fun of traveling alone, in my opinion.
4. I love it all - mountains, countryside, coast/beach, big city. I'd ideally like to spend 5 days in Paris to soak it in, at least, and would be happy to hear other recs.
5. Again - I'm alone, young, single, female, and blonde...and paranoid! So I want to be careful above everything else.
Any help for ideas as far as an itinerary would be great! Even just city suggestions and how long is needed there helps. As far as Paris, I'd love to hear any restaurant, cafe, or wine recommendations. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 2 European Championship
- 3 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 4 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 5 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 6 Barcelona - Tickets to Gaudi sites
- 7 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 8 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 9 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 10 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 11 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 12 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 15 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 16 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 17 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 18 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 19 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 20 Ireland in October?
- 21 Barcelona-Valencia- ??? - Barcelona
- 22 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 23 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 24 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 25 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
Solo female traveling to France for 10-14 days...need help with itinerary!