I will finally be taking my first trip to Europe this fall (likely mid to late September) and have decided that I want to focus on France for the entirety. I'll be traveling alone, and I am a young twenty-something female (and...very American looking, I guess I should add, haha). While I understand the need for concern as to that aspect, I've traveled alone in Asia before, and did fine; I'm now wanting more help with planning the actual trip. I am overwhelmed at the amount of information on the internet, because I'm so detail oriented. Here are a few things to help
1. I am very much into wine. I worked in the wine industry in California, and it is now a huge passion. I'd love for the focus of my trip to be on food and beverage, esp since I'm by myself...there's nothing else to focus on I've of course wondered if I can or should go to Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Rhone region, or anything. Since I'm alone and don't speak French, it'd have to be something doable.
2. I am on a budget. Not a college kid budget, but I'm not trying to spend tons of thousands on this trip. I'm definitely willing to put in money if it means safety, and a little comfort once in awhile. I'm thinking I should stay in as many hostels as I can, and then occasionally sleep in hotels if it's outside of Paris.
3. I would love to meet as many people as I can. I'm friendly and outgoing, but can be shy since I'm alone. I'm comfortable eating and drinking alone, but meeting all sorts of people is part of the fun of traveling alone, in my opinion.
4. I love it all - mountains, countryside, coast/beach, big city. I'd ideally like to spend 5 days in Paris to soak it in, at least, and would be happy to hear other recs.
5. Again - I'm alone, young, single, female, and blonde...and paranoid! So I want to be careful above everything else.
Any help for ideas as far as an itinerary would be great! Even just city suggestions and how long is needed there helps. As far as Paris, I'd love to hear any restaurant, cafe, or wine recommendations. Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 3 What to expect over Christmas
- 4 Rome
- 5 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 6 Italy/Greece with kids
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 Prague hotels
- 9 Need help in travel planning
- 10 Puglia or La Langhe
- 11 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 12 Munich
- 13 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 14 Northern lights in December
- 15 Booking hotels before trains
- 16 Flights from Croatia
- 17 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 18 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 19 Budapest
- 20 First time in France
- 21 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 22 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 23 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 24 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 25 English Countryside
Solo female traveling to France for 10-14 days...need help with itinerary!