I am new to traveling by myself but would be doing so to Athens. I have been to other European cities (such as Paris, Prague, and Berlin) but I am a bit weary in going to Athens by myself with all the pickpocketers and robberies I have been reading.
Therefore, I was wondering in there are other female travelers (solo or not) that would like like to meet up and we can look out for one another.
I am planning to be in Athens next Friday (April 20th) and am planning to stay there for 3-4 days before going to Santorini.
Also, aside from looking for another traveler, can anyone recommnend a safe area for hotels and which areas to avoid? Any body have horror stories regarding safety, pickpocketers, or any other experiences you like to share so I can have some tips to avoid similar situation?
Thanks in advance for you help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Korean Messages
- 12 Interesting places to visit
- 13 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 14 Swiss Travel Pass
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 6-7 Days in France
- 18 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 19 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 20 5 Days in Switzerland
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Another tipping question: concierges
- 24 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 25 Budapest in December 2017
Solo female traveler looking for female traveler(s) in Athens & Santorini