I am new to traveling by myself but would be doing so to Athens. I have been to other European cities (such as Paris, Prague, and Berlin) but I am a bit weary in going to Athens by myself with all the pickpocketers and robberies I have been reading.
Therefore, I was wondering in there are other female travelers (solo or not) that would like like to meet up and we can look out for one another.
I am planning to be in Athens next Friday (April 20th) and am planning to stay there for 3-4 days before going to Santorini.
Also, aside from looking for another traveler, can anyone recommnend a safe area for hotels and which areas to avoid? Any body have horror stories regarding safety, pickpocketers, or any other experiences you like to share so I can have some tips to avoid similar situation?
Thanks in advance for you help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Threat Level in UK
- 2 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 3 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 London 6 day itinerary
- 9 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 10 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 11 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Athens tour guide advice
- 14 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 17 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 18 Trip to Switzerland
- 19 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 20 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 21 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 23 IWM
- 24 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 25 One night in the Dolomites
Solo female traveler looking for female traveler(s) in Athens & Santorini