I am new to traveling by myself but would be doing so to Athens. I have been to other European cities (such as Paris, Prague, and Berlin) but I am a bit weary in going to Athens by myself with all the pickpocketers and robberies I have been reading.
Therefore, I was wondering in there are other female travelers (solo or not) that would like like to meet up and we can look out for one another.
I am planning to be in Athens next Friday (April 20th) and am planning to stay there for 3-4 days before going to Santorini.
Also, aside from looking for another traveler, can anyone recommnend a safe area for hotels and which areas to avoid? Any body have horror stories regarding safety, pickpocketers, or any other experiences you like to share so I can have some tips to avoid similar situation?
Thanks in advance for you help
Solo female traveler looking for female traveler(s) in Athens & Santorini
- 1 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 2 Don't slight Bruges
- 3 Lucerne where to stay
- 4 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 5 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 6 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 7 BULGARIA/GOLDEN SANDS/BALKAN HOLIDAYS
- 8 Golden Sands Bulgaria online guide
- 9 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 10 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 11 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 12 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 13 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013
- 14 Travel in Spain
- 15 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 16 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 17 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 18 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 19 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 20 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 21 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 22 I Need To Vent!
- 23 France: CDG to Beaune
- 24 Athens licensed tour guide
- 25 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist