I am new to traveling by myself but would be doing so to Athens. I have been to other European cities (such as Paris, Prague, and Berlin) but I am a bit weary in going to Athens by myself with all the pickpocketers and robberies I have been reading.
Therefore, I was wondering in there are other female travelers (solo or not) that would like like to meet up and we can look out for one another.
I am planning to be in Athens next Friday (April 20th) and am planning to stay there for 3-4 days before going to Santorini.
Also, aside from looking for another traveler, can anyone recommnend a safe area for hotels and which areas to avoid? Any body have horror stories regarding safety, pickpocketers, or any other experiences you like to share so I can have some tips to avoid similar situation?
Thanks in advance for you help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 4 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 5 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 12 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 13 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 18 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 19 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 20 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Cutback on Spain trip
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 25 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
Solo female traveler looking for female traveler(s) in Athens & Santorini