I am new to traveling by myself but would be doing so to Athens. I have been to other European cities (such as Paris, Prague, and Berlin) but I am a bit weary in going to Athens by myself with all the pickpocketers and robberies I have been reading.
Therefore, I was wondering in there are other female travelers (solo or not) that would like like to meet up and we can look out for one another.
I am planning to be in Athens next Friday (April 20th) and am planning to stay there for 3-4 days before going to Santorini.
Also, aside from looking for another traveler, can anyone recommnend a safe area for hotels and which areas to avoid? Any body have horror stories regarding safety, pickpocketers, or any other experiences you like to share so I can have some tips to avoid similar situation?
Thanks in advance for you help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 4 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Which Train Station in Venice
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 9 Uber vs. TfL
- 10 What fresh hell is this?
- 11 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 12 Greek Village
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 16 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 17 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 24 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
Solo female traveler looking for female traveler(s) in Athens & Santorini