I am traveling in early August from Barcelona to San Sebastian over a period of about 2 weeks. I will be alone, and am on a budget...with that said, I do want to make the most of my time.
I plan on spending only one day in Barcelona (I will have been there before by then) and two or three in San Sebastian at the end of the journey across the Pyrenees. All other days will be spent exploring the Spainish wilderness.
My rough itinerary:
Day 1 - Barcelona
Day 2 - Olot (NP de la zona volcanica Garrotxa) - arrive by Teisa bus
Day 3 - Olot
Day 4 - Llavorsi - transport from Olot??
Day 5 - NP d'Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
Day 6 - NP d'Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
Day 7 - NP de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
Day 8 - NP de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
Day 9 - Pamplona
Day 10 - Pamplona
Day 11 - ??
Day 12 - San Sebastian
Day 13 - San Sebastian
Day 14 - San Sebastian to Madrid
- Is Olot worth a visit? Or should I skip it and spend more time hiking in a NP?
- Any other National parks in proximity to my route that you recommend?
- Are the bus routes fairly reliable from these areas to one another?
- Any specifics you recommend in regards to shelters/dorms/cities along the way?
I really appreciate any and all suggestions!!!
Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RESTORE AOLASSWORD RECOVERY 1:800:570:1233 CONTACT TEC*H 24/7
- 2 Zurich to Milan trip
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 10 San Sebastián
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 Northern Ireland ideas
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Spanish Medical Providers
- 15 Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Driving through Paris
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 24 Electrical Power Conversion
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
Solo budget traveler from Barcelona to San Sebastian interested in hiking