I am traveling in early August from Barcelona to San Sebastian over a period of about 2 weeks. I will be alone, and am on a budget...with that said, I do want to make the most of my time.
I plan on spending only one day in Barcelona (I will have been there before by then) and two or three in San Sebastian at the end of the journey across the Pyrenees. All other days will be spent exploring the Spainish wilderness.
My rough itinerary:
Day 1 - Barcelona
Day 2 - Olot (NP de la zona volcanica Garrotxa) - arrive by Teisa bus
Day 3 - Olot
Day 4 - Llavorsi - transport from Olot??
Day 5 - NP d'Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
Day 6 - NP d'Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici
Day 7 - NP de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
Day 8 - NP de Ordesa y Monte Perdido
Day 9 - Pamplona
Day 10 - Pamplona
Day 11 - ??
Day 12 - San Sebastian
Day 13 - San Sebastian
Day 14 - San Sebastian to Madrid
- Is Olot worth a visit? Or should I skip it and spend more time hiking in a NP?
- Any other National parks in proximity to my route that you recommend?
- Are the bus routes fairly reliable from these areas to one another?
- Any specifics you recommend in regards to shelters/dorms/cities along the way?
I really appreciate any and all suggestions!!!
Thank you for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 6 Naples, Italy
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 9 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 10 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 11 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Where to buy Saffron?
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 19 Tuscany 6 nights
- 20 France & Italy, May or June
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 23 1st time in ZURICH
- 24 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 25 French restaurants
Solo budget traveler from Barcelona to San Sebastian interested in hiking