I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to do the "Nutshell" tour, starting in Bergen and ending in Oslo. Is it better to do the usual route of a train from Bergen to Voss and then bus to Gudvangen and boat from Gudvangen to Flam or should we take what's described as the "Sognefjord Scenic Express Boat" from Bergen to Flam and then take the train to Myrdal and then on to Oslo? Which way would be more scenic? Where would we get tickets for the express boat, if we decide to go that way? Do we need to reserve in advance? (We're two adults and two children.)
Also, I know this kind of question has been asked quite a few times, but I'm still having trouble with a few things. I understand that the tickets for the whole Nutshell tour, with connections, can just be bought at the Bergen train station. However, in the Rick Steves Scandinavia book, he recommends getting a seat reservation for the Bergen-Oslo portion several weeks before the trip. Do I get that seat reservation before actually getting the train tickets? If I miss a connection between boat, bus, train, is my reservation fee lost and will I be without a seat for the remainder of the Bergen-Oslo trip?
Hoping you can help me figure this out!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Önline ☎ VERIZON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999 :8045 MAIL 24*7 D*J
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 TIM in FCO - update
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Lisbon - a few tips
- 15 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 16 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 17 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 18 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 19 Avoid Europcar!
- 20 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 23 European Vacation 2017
- 24 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 25 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria