Headed to Norway in July and am unable to decide between Sojnefjord in a nutshell or NIN. Traveling with my hubby and 2 kids ( 11,6). We want to do it from Bergen to Oslo with an overnight in Flam. I understand that the Sognefjord is a express boat ride from Bergen to Flam, while the NIN is a combination of train,bus and ferry.
What would be more comfortable with the kids?
What do we miss in terms of views when we pick one over the other?
Is the Sognefjord restrictive if the weather is unfavorable, or in terms of noise so you are mostly restricted indoors? Would the NIN be better with kids as there is change in transport and landscape?
Has anyone done both? What was your experience?
Would appreciate your input folks,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Chania
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?