Headed to Norway in July and am unable to decide between Sojnefjord in a nutshell or NIN. Traveling with my hubby and 2 kids ( 11,6). We want to do it from Bergen to Oslo with an overnight in Flam. I understand that the Sognefjord is a express boat ride from Bergen to Flam, while the NIN is a combination of train,bus and ferry.
What would be more comfortable with the kids?
What do we miss in terms of views when we pick one over the other?
Is the Sognefjord restrictive if the weather is unfavorable, or in terms of noise so you are mostly restricted indoors? Would the NIN be better with kids as there is change in transport and landscape?
Has anyone done both? What was your experience?
Would appreciate your input folks,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 17 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 CDG airport and connection time
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 23 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 24 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 25 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona