My family and I may be spending a year in Slovenia. Can anyone share some social norms they observed there? Local customs? Also, I understand 90% speak Slovene. Are there many English speaking locals? Do I need to learn the language fluently before I get there? We would be in Ljubljana. Is it a kid friendly place? Did you notice a lot of dogs? We have pets and are debating on whether to bring them. Thanks for whatever you can share.
Social custom in Slovenia?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 River cruises
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 13 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 14 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 15 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 London for Christmas
- 22 Belgium
- 23 Navigo Decouverte
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days