My family and I may be spending a year in Slovenia. Can anyone share some social norms they observed there? Local customs? Also, I understand 90% speak Slovene. Are there many English speaking locals? Do I need to learn the language fluently before I get there? We would be in Ljubljana. Is it a kid friendly place? Did you notice a lot of dogs? We have pets and are debating on whether to bring them. Thanks for whatever you can share.
Social custom in Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 2 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 3 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 6 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 7 Eiffel tower tickets
- 8 4-6 weeks
- 9 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 10 Venice Banning Fodors
- 11 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 19 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 20 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 South of France November Trip Report