My family and I may be spending a year in Slovenia. Can anyone share some social norms they observed there? Local customs? Also, I understand 90% speak Slovene. Are there many English speaking locals? Do I need to learn the language fluently before I get there? We would be in Ljubljana. Is it a kid friendly place? Did you notice a lot of dogs? We have pets and are debating on whether to bring them. Thanks for whatever you can share.
Social custom in Slovenia?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gift for French business associate
- 2 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 3 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 7 Alterations to night trains routes
- 8 Trip Report, part 1
- 9 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 10 Scottish Passport
- 11 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 12 shortened trip to Italy
- 13 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 14 Air France strike
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 Italy tours
- 17 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 18 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 19 Amsterdam
- 20 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 21 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 22 Sunny September Trip Report
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 25 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?