So I'm attempting to plan a trip to the UK and Europe next April/May with my mum and my boyfriend. We're restricted to about 6-7 weeks (which sounds a lot but barely covers the itinerary I've be working on). Basically I'm now trying to figure out which places to cut down/cut out of the trip because we need to lose some days and also I'm concerned that there might be way too much to do in the time we've got and I don't want the trip to be overwhelming. In terms of interests, I'm mostly looking for awesome historic architecture and landmarks, special sites etc. I'm more of an up and go adventurer kind of person, but my mum and boyfriend would prefer the trip to be more leisurely. I would really appreciate any suggestions for places to cut out or places to swap etc. Thanks in advance!
Here's my itinerary so far (we'll be travelling by train):
- 5th April arrive in Paris
- 8th April Paris to London (Eurostar)
London (4 nights)
-12th- 18th April Great Britain Tour
- 19th April London-Paris (Eurostar)
- 20th April Paris - Tours
- 22nd April Tours-Bordeaux
- 24th April Bordeaux-Toulouse
- 25th April Toulouse- Carcassonne
- 26th April Carcassonne- Montpellier
- 27th April Montpellier-Nimes
- 28th April Nimes-Marseille
-29th April Marseille-Lyon
-30th April Lyon-Brussels
Rest of Europe
-2nd May Brussels-Berlin
-4th May Berlin-Dresden
-5th May Dresden-Prague
-7th May Prague-Vienna
-9th May Vienna-Budapest
-11th May Budapest-Salzburg
-12th May Salzburg-Munich
-14th May Munich-Zurich
-15th May Zurich-Lucerne
-16th May Lucerne-Milan
-18th May Milan-Verona
-19th May Verona-Florence (via stop in Venice)
-21st May Florence-Rome
-24th May HOME
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 3 Day trips from Florence
- 4 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Perugia
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 May get together in Paris
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Paris in September
- 14 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 18 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh