I thought our itinerary was set, however just found out my husband cannot take as much time off work as we thought. Originally we were planning on doing France and Italy, but with less days we feel it is better to stick with Italy. I really could use some help now. We have to travel end of July-August and will have 11 nights leaving on day 12 in the morning to fly home to NYC.
So back to the drawing board we go:
I will also add that we will be using miles on continental for the flights which limits us to flying in and out of Milan and/or Rome.
We really wanted to visit:
If we visited these areas, I thought it would be ok to use Milan to fly in/out of. Could we add another place to visit or is that too much? I would also love to see Siena or wine country.
Should we fly to Rome and do the Amalfi Coast?
We have to be back in Italy in September for a wedding in Florence and had planned to go early to give ourselves 4 days in Rome and then head to florence.
Im just so confused and just want to have a set itinerary. i keep going back and forth as to where to visit for this trip in July. I could really use some help and advice on choosing an itinerary. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 5 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 8 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 11 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 Itinerary Help
- 19 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 20 Hotel in Vienna
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt