My wife and I did a five day hut-to-hut trip in the Dolomite Mountains a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a lot, but we had a good guide, and the huts, or "refuges", were quite nice inside, with good food in big common dining rooms and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. My site is not a commercial site, so I think this is OK with the guidelines... the photos from the trip are at the link below. The first couple of days were cloudy, but still visually interesting. We had sun the next two days, then it again snowed all night and day at the end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 2 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 3 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 4 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 5 help with Italy itinerary
- 6 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 7 Capri in July
- 8 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 11 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 12 Venice
- 13 London 2For1 question
- 14 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 15 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 16 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 18 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Porto and vicinity
- 21 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 22 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 23 Norway fjord
- 24 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 25 7 days in Greece
Snowshoeing in the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy