My wife and I did a five day hut-to-hut trip in the Dolomite Mountains a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a lot, but we had a good guide, and the huts, or "refuges", were quite nice inside, with good food in big common dining rooms and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. My site is not a commercial site, so I think this is OK with the guidelines... the photos from the trip are at the link below. The first couple of days were cloudy, but still visually interesting. We had sun the next two days, then it again snowed all night and day at the end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz family holiday
- 2 Ireland hotel questions
- 3 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 4 Croatia transportation question.
- 5 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 6 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 7 Cutback on Spain trip
- 8 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 11 getting to CDG
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 16 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 17 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 Bernina Express mid-March
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 22 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 25 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
Snowshoeing in the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy