My wife and I did a five day hut-to-hut trip in the Dolomite Mountains a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a lot, but we had a good guide, and the huts, or "refuges", were quite nice inside, with good food in big common dining rooms and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. My site is not a commercial site, so I think this is OK with the guidelines... the photos from the trip are at the link below. The first couple of days were cloudy, but still visually interesting. We had sun the next two days, then it again snowed all night and day at the end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Moving to Italy
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 10 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 11 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 12 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 13 Swiss Travel Pass
- 14 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 18 Athens
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Where to enjoy Paris
- 24 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 25 10 days in Paris and......
Snowshoeing in the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy