My wife and I did a five day hut-to-hut trip in the Dolomite Mountains a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a lot, but we had a good guide, and the huts, or "refuges", were quite nice inside, with good food in big common dining rooms and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. My site is not a commercial site, so I think this is OK with the guidelines... the photos from the trip are at the link below. The first couple of days were cloudy, but still visually interesting. We had sun the next two days, then it again snowed all night and day at the end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 2 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 Hilton CPH no loner
- 5 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 6 travel around Spain
- 7 Scotland Trip Report
- 8 French Wedding
- 9 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 10 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 11 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 12 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 13 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 16 Wedding in Finland
- 17 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 18 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 19 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 22 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 23 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 24 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 25 I may be wrong....
Snowshoeing in the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy