My wife and I did a five day hut-to-hut trip in the Dolomite Mountains a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a lot, but we had a good guide, and the huts, or "refuges", were quite nice inside, with good food in big common dining rooms and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. My site is not a commercial site, so I think this is OK with the guidelines... the photos from the trip are at the link below. The first couple of days were cloudy, but still visually interesting. We had sun the next two days, then it again snowed all night and day at the end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 Christmas Day in Granada
- 13 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 14 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 24 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 25 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
Snowshoeing in the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy