My wife and I did a five day hut-to-hut trip in the Dolomite Mountains a couple of weeks ago. It snowed a lot, but we had a good guide, and the huts, or "refuges", were quite nice inside, with good food in big common dining rooms and clean bedrooms and bathrooms. My site is not a commercial site, so I think this is OK with the guidelines... the photos from the trip are at the link below. The first couple of days were cloudy, but still visually interesting. We had sun the next two days, then it again snowed all night and day at the end.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 5 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 6 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 12 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 13 2 days in Lugano area
- 14 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 15 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 16 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 17 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 18 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 19 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 20 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 21 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 22 Scotland in December
- 23 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 24 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 25 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
Snowshoeing in the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy