I am planning a family Christmas trip to Bavaria this year and have already booked a mid-size wagon with Hertz. For an additional 115 Euro I've added snow tires. But I'm wondering if I'm getting ripped off. Yes, we will be doing a lot of driving in and around Innsbruck, Bressanone, Garmisch, Berchtesgaden, etc. I am well aware of German law mandating the use of snow tires in the mountains and know they are necessary. However, whenever I book with Hertz I never request GPS but 90% of the time the car already has it. Wouldn't all car rentals in Munich already have snow tires installed? Are they gonna swap tires for those who do or don't request winter tires? For peace of mind I'll probably pay the money but if anyone can assure me that all the cars on the Hertz lot are gonna have winter tires anyhow, I'd be a fool to pay $150 for a freebie.
Snow Tires on rentals
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 Advises for trip to Russia
- 4 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 5 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 6 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 7 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 8 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 9 Traveling within Italy
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Which travel plan?
- 13 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 14 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 15 Madrid to Sevilla
- 16 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 17 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 21 London at Easter
- 22 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 23 Prague - must see
- 24 Travel by train or bus
- 25 Car in Prague