I am planning a family Christmas trip to Bavaria this year and have already booked a mid-size wagon with Hertz. For an additional 115 Euro I've added snow tires. But I'm wondering if I'm getting ripped off. Yes, we will be doing a lot of driving in and around Innsbruck, Bressanone, Garmisch, Berchtesgaden, etc. I am well aware of German law mandating the use of snow tires in the mountains and know they are necessary. However, whenever I book with Hertz I never request GPS but 90% of the time the car already has it. Wouldn't all car rentals in Munich already have snow tires installed? Are they gonna swap tires for those who do or don't request winter tires? For peace of mind I'll probably pay the money but if anyone can assure me that all the cars on the Hertz lot are gonna have winter tires anyhow, I'd be a fool to pay $150 for a freebie.
Snow Tires on rentals
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 2 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 3 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 4 Great restaurants in Italy
- 5 Greece after the Vote
- 6 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 7 Age for booking a hotel?
- 8 Germany for 3 weeks
- 9 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 10 The Vatican Latest
- 11 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 12 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 13 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 14 April in Madrid
- 15 Mona Lisa Discovered
- 16 Help Plan Our Trip !
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Renting an apt.
- 19 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 20 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 21 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 22 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 23 Germany and Switzerland
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland