I am planning a family Christmas trip to Bavaria this year and have already booked a mid-size wagon with Hertz. For an additional 115 Euro I've added snow tires. But I'm wondering if I'm getting ripped off. Yes, we will be doing a lot of driving in and around Innsbruck, Bressanone, Garmisch, Berchtesgaden, etc. I am well aware of German law mandating the use of snow tires in the mountains and know they are necessary. However, whenever I book with Hertz I never request GPS but 90% of the time the car already has it. Wouldn't all car rentals in Munich already have snow tires installed? Are they gonna swap tires for those who do or don't request winter tires? For peace of mind I'll probably pay the money but if anyone can assure me that all the cars on the Hertz lot are gonna have winter tires anyhow, I'd be a fool to pay $150 for a freebie.
Snow Tires on rentals
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 3 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 4 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 5 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 itinerary help
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 10 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 11 Toulouse and beyond -
- 12 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 13 Estonia Amber
- 14 7 days in Greece
- 15 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 16 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 17 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 18 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 21 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 22 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 23 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 24 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 25 Not hot in Europe in July?