We will be in Iceland for four nights in September. However, since our plane arrives late the first afternoon, our first partial day will be spent looking around Reykjavik on foot. In the three remaining full days, we are planning a Golden Circle Tour for one full day and a South Coast tour for the second full day. With only one full day left for touring, we are torn between the Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. a tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue lagoon in the afternoon. Now I realize the Blue Lagoon tops everyone's list. However, I am thinking we will get a look at the real Iceland if we see Snaefellsness. Should we drop Golden Circle, South Coast or Reykjanes/Blue Lagoon to do this? I wish we had more time, but the air has been booked for months. We have chosen to take tours, so we will not have a car. We really need some input, please, from Icelanders and from previous travelers who may be familiar with Snaefellsness.
Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue Lagoon
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 River cruises
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 11 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 14 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 15 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped