We will be in Iceland for four nights in September. However, since our plane arrives late the first afternoon, our first partial day will be spent looking around Reykjavik on foot. In the three remaining full days, we are planning a Golden Circle Tour for one full day and a South Coast tour for the second full day. With only one full day left for touring, we are torn between the Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. a tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue lagoon in the afternoon. Now I realize the Blue Lagoon tops everyone's list. However, I am thinking we will get a look at the real Iceland if we see Snaefellsness. Should we drop Golden Circle, South Coast or Reykjanes/Blue Lagoon to do this? I wish we had more time, but the air has been booked for months. We have chosen to take tours, so we will not have a car. We really need some input, please, from Icelanders and from previous travelers who may be familiar with Snaefellsness.
Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue Lagoon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 2 Where to go from Brussels?
- 3 Croatia: ajvar recipe
- 4 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 We Need a Pact
- 7 I need a haircut
- 8 What to wear
- 9 All you need in croatia
- 10 Tipping in Greece
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 13 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 14 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 15 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 16 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 21 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 22 Bayern seasonal pass
- 23 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 24 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 25 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train