We will be in Iceland for four nights in September. However, since our plane arrives late the first afternoon, our first partial day will be spent looking around Reykjavik on foot. In the three remaining full days, we are planning a Golden Circle Tour for one full day and a South Coast tour for the second full day. With only one full day left for touring, we are torn between the Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. a tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue lagoon in the afternoon. Now I realize the Blue Lagoon tops everyone's list. However, I am thinking we will get a look at the real Iceland if we see Snaefellsness. Should we drop Golden Circle, South Coast or Reykjanes/Blue Lagoon to do this? I wish we had more time, but the air has been booked for months. We have chosen to take tours, so we will not have a car. We really need some input, please, from Icelanders and from previous travelers who may be familiar with Snaefellsness.
Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue Lagoon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 2 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 4 Iwango went…to Nice
- 5 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 6 Northern Europe in April-May
- 7 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 8 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 9 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 10 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 11 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 caroline_venezia
- 14 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 18 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 19 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 20 First time to Switzerland
- 21 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 22 Italy dolomites
- 23 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 24 First time Ireland trip
- 25 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics