We will be in Iceland for four nights in September. However, since our plane arrives late the first afternoon, our first partial day will be spent looking around Reykjavik on foot. In the three remaining full days, we are planning a Golden Circle Tour for one full day and a South Coast tour for the second full day. With only one full day left for touring, we are torn between the Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. a tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue lagoon in the afternoon. Now I realize the Blue Lagoon tops everyone's list. However, I am thinking we will get a look at the real Iceland if we see Snaefellsness. Should we drop Golden Circle, South Coast or Reykjanes/Blue Lagoon to do this? I wish we had more time, but the air has been booked for months. We have chosen to take tours, so we will not have a car. We really need some input, please, from Icelanders and from previous travelers who may be familiar with Snaefellsness.
Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue Lagoon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 2 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 3 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 4 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 5 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 6 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 7 Purse week?
- 8 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 9 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 10 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 11 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 12 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 13 Looking for add on city
- 14 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 15 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 16 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 17 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 18 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 19 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 20 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 21 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 22 Paris Handbags
- 23 Which designer handbags come out in Europe before hitting the States?
- 24 VAT in Greece>>Athen (Purchasing of handbags as Tourist)
- 25 One month in Puglia and Matera