We will be in Iceland for four nights in September. However, since our plane arrives late the first afternoon, our first partial day will be spent looking around Reykjavik on foot. In the three remaining full days, we are planning a Golden Circle Tour for one full day and a South Coast tour for the second full day. With only one full day left for touring, we are torn between the Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. a tour of the Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue lagoon in the afternoon. Now I realize the Blue Lagoon tops everyone's list. However, I am thinking we will get a look at the real Iceland if we see Snaefellsness. Should we drop Golden Circle, South Coast or Reykjanes/Blue Lagoon to do this? I wish we had more time, but the air has been booked for months. We have chosen to take tours, so we will not have a car. We really need some input, please, from Icelanders and from previous travelers who may be familiar with Snaefellsness.
Snaefellsness Peninsula vs. Reykjanes Peninsula with Blue Lagoon
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 2 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 3 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 4 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 5 France 8 days
- 6 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 7 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 8 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 9 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 10 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 11 milan austria
- 12 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 13 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 14 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 15 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 16 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 17 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 18 Malaga article
- 19 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 20 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 21 Car rental at Athens airport
- 22 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 23 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 24 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 25 accomodation fo granada, malaga, ronda and cadiz