Has anyone had a good experience using a smartphone guidebook app instead of the actual guidebook while traveling in Europe? Bringing fewer books would certainly lighten the load but I am fairly dependent on guidebooks for maps, sights, and restaurant suggestions.
I wouldn't want to come home to a huge cellphone bill though and am not totally familiar with how much data the apps use or how much the data would cost on my cellphone plan.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to venice
- 2 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 3 Italy bus or train
- 4 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 5 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 6 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 7 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 8 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 9 Undisclsoed location
- 10 Need help with my itinerary
- 11 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 14 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 15 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 16 Chamonix to Paris
- 17 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 18 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 19 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 22 Paris in September
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 help with Italy itinerary
- 25 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)