What is "smart casual" dress? I would assume that they mean, for a woman, a nice casual outfit, (no jeans or sneakers). Would a nice dress trouser outfit with flat shoes be acceptable? Or should it be dressier (skirt and blouse??).
We are going to Brown's for afternoon tea and I want to make sure we dress appropriately. We are trying to get a 3:45pm reservation and will probably be finished by around 5:30-6:00.
We will be going to the theatre afterwards to see Mama Mia, so I want to make sure whatever we wear will also be appropriate for the theatre. (I had heard you no longer need to dress formally for theatre??)
Dinner will be late that night, after the theatre.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 2 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 3 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 6 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 9 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 10 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 11 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 12 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 13 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 14 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 15 Italy by car
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 20 T Mobile Does it Again
- 21 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 22 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 23 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 24 Seville Itinerary
- 25 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere