I am planning to spend about a month in France next September to help me with my goal of learning to speak French. I think I would like to stay about an hour from Paris, by train, in a small , quaint town. I want to be able to speak with the people who live there, go for walks, sit in the outdoor cafes, etc. I usually do not like to travel to large cities but I think since I will be there for a while, I should visit the Louvre and other famous places. I could go into Paris for a day once in a while. I will not have a car, so will need to be near the centre ville and in a town that is on the train route
small village near Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 2 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 3 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 4 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 5 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 6 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 7 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 8 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 9 Greece after the Vote
- 10 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 11 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 12 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 13 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 14 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 15 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 16 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 17 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 18 Satnav maps update
- 19 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 20 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 21 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 22 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 23 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 24 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 25 mallorca