I am planning to spend about a month in France next September to help me with my goal of learning to speak French. I think I would like to stay about an hour from Paris, by train, in a small , quaint town. I want to be able to speak with the people who live there, go for walks, sit in the outdoor cafes, etc. I usually do not like to travel to large cities but I think since I will be there for a while, I should visit the Louvre and other famous places. I could go into Paris for a day once in a while. I will not have a car, so will need to be near the centre ville and in a town that is on the train route
small village near Paris
View all Europe activity »
- 1 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 2 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 3 Berlin
- 4 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 5 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 8 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 9 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 10 Train travel in Europe
- 11 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 12 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 18 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Prague Main Train Station
- 22 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 23 When to visit Provence updated info
- 24 Purchasing SNCF Tickets
- 25 Itinerary Questions