I am planning to spend about a month in France next September to help me with my goal of learning to speak French. I think I would like to stay about an hour from Paris, by train, in a small , quaint town. I want to be able to speak with the people who live there, go for walks, sit in the outdoor cafes, etc. I usually do not like to travel to large cities but I think since I will be there for a while, I should visit the Louvre and other famous places. I could go into Paris for a day once in a while. I will not have a car, so will need to be near the centre ville and in a town that is on the train route
small village near Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 2 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 3 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 4 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 5 How do you find French food?
- 6 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 7 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 8 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 9 airport hold baggage
- 10 7 Nights in Paris
- 11 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 12 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 13 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 14 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 15 Monet in Normandy
- 16 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 17 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 18 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 19 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 20 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 21 Gargano Promontory
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Santorini
- 24 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 25 SmartPhone Europe to USA