I am planning to spend about a month in France next September to help me with my goal of learning to speak French. I think I would like to stay about an hour from Paris, by train, in a small , quaint town. I want to be able to speak with the people who live there, go for walks, sit in the outdoor cafes, etc. I usually do not like to travel to large cities but I think since I will be there for a while, I should visit the Louvre and other famous places. I could go into Paris for a day once in a while. I will not have a car, so will need to be near the centre ville and in a town that is on the train route
small village near Paris
- 1 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 2 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 3 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 4 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 5 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 6 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 7 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 8 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 9 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 10 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 11 Best area for wine and which one?
- 12 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 13 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 14 Northern Italy
- 15 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 16 Pre-paid SIM card at Munich Airport
- 17 Bellevue House in Florence Contact ?
- 18 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 19 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 20 Drive Rome Florence
- 21 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 22 Which tour company would be best?
- 23 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 24 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 25 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.