I am planning to spend about a month in France next September to help me with my goal of learning to speak French. I think I would like to stay about an hour from Paris, by train, in a small , quaint town. I want to be able to speak with the people who live there, go for walks, sit in the outdoor cafes, etc. I usually do not like to travel to large cities but I think since I will be there for a while, I should visit the Louvre and other famous places. I could go into Paris for a day once in a while. I will not have a car, so will need to be near the centre ville and in a town that is on the train route
small village near Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 6 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 7 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 9 days in turkey
- 13 Burg Eltz
- 14 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 15 Germany-berlin marathon
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 22 itinerary help
- 23 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 24 Nice Video about Poland
- 25 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!