Heading to Paris in October with husband and son (who will be 11 months at the time) and previously received assistance with picking an apartment.
Now I'm finalizing our plans for the trip.
We want to do a day trip to somewhere that I haven't necessarily read about. When in Florence, we adored our trip to Lucca - read about basically three things to do and one restaurant to eat at, and had a great time. We'd like to find the same thing around Paris. We're hoping to avoid the mass crowds; I know that's a nearly impossible feat. But I was hoping that by posting here, you all would be able to tell us somewhere that's semi-off grid.
Since we're traveling with a baby, if it's a restaurant that's a must-do, it must be family friendly.. Ideally, it will be a beautiful town that we can enjoy just by walking around, grab a glass of wine/champagne somewhere, and just BE.
Our main requirement is that it's within an hour and a half from Paris.
Appreciate any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 2 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 First Trip to Europe!
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 8 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 9 visa appointment experience
- 10 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 11 Switzerland in mid-April
- 12 What to take to Germany
- 13 Rue des Rosiers
- 14 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 15 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 Scotland Trip
- 18 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 21 Hamam Istanbul?
- 22 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 23 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 24 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 25 16 night honeymoon in Spain