Heading to Paris in October with husband and son (who will be 11 months at the time) and previously received assistance with picking an apartment.
Now I'm finalizing our plans for the trip.
We want to do a day trip to somewhere that I haven't necessarily read about. When in Florence, we adored our trip to Lucca - read about basically three things to do and one restaurant to eat at, and had a great time. We'd like to find the same thing around Paris. We're hoping to avoid the mass crowds; I know that's a nearly impossible feat. But I was hoping that by posting here, you all would be able to tell us somewhere that's semi-off grid.
Since we're traveling with a baby, if it's a restaurant that's a must-do, it must be family friendly.. Ideally, it will be a beautiful town that we can enjoy just by walking around, grab a glass of wine/champagne somewhere, and just BE.
Our main requirement is that it's within an hour and a half from Paris.
Appreciate any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 2 What to see in Dresden...
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Tour or independent
- 7 Munich, Germany
- 8 Iceland for 11 days in March
- 9 Sliema, Malta
- 10 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 11 Vet my itinerary
- 12 Hotel advice
- 13 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 14 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 15 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 16 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 17 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 18 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 19 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 20 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 21 Just Iceland or Iceland and Europe?
- 22 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 23 First Time Europe Trip
- 24 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 25 Flamenco Shows