Heading to Paris in October with husband and son (who will be 11 months at the time) and previously received assistance with picking an apartment.
Now I'm finalizing our plans for the trip.
We want to do a day trip to somewhere that I haven't necessarily read about. When in Florence, we adored our trip to Lucca - read about basically three things to do and one restaurant to eat at, and had a great time. We'd like to find the same thing around Paris. We're hoping to avoid the mass crowds; I know that's a nearly impossible feat. But I was hoping that by posting here, you all would be able to tell us somewhere that's semi-off grid.
Since we're traveling with a baby, if it's a restaurant that's a must-do, it must be family friendly.. Ideally, it will be a beautiful town that we can enjoy just by walking around, grab a glass of wine/champagne somewhere, and just BE.
Our main requirement is that it's within an hour and a half from Paris.
Appreciate any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux to Nice
- 2 Rome to Venice
- 3 Whathello Paris
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 6 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 11 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 12 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 13 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 14 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 15 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 Travel in Europe
- 18 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 21 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 22 Athens Help
- 23 Crete Holiday
- 24 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa