Heading to Paris in October with husband and son (who will be 11 months at the time) and previously received assistance with picking an apartment.
Now I'm finalizing our plans for the trip.
We want to do a day trip to somewhere that I haven't necessarily read about. When in Florence, we adored our trip to Lucca - read about basically three things to do and one restaurant to eat at, and had a great time. We'd like to find the same thing around Paris. We're hoping to avoid the mass crowds; I know that's a nearly impossible feat. But I was hoping that by posting here, you all would be able to tell us somewhere that's semi-off grid.
Since we're traveling with a baby, if it's a restaurant that's a must-do, it must be family friendly.. Ideally, it will be a beautiful town that we can enjoy just by walking around, grab a glass of wine/champagne somewhere, and just BE.
Our main requirement is that it's within an hour and a half from Paris.
Appreciate any help!
Small town day trip from Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 7 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 8 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 9 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 10 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 11 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 12 Toulouse and beyond -
- 13 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 16 Munich
- 17 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 21 Munich with a car?
- 22 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014