Heading to Paris in October with husband and son (who will be 11 months at the time) and previously received assistance with picking an apartment.
Now I'm finalizing our plans for the trip.
We want to do a day trip to somewhere that I haven't necessarily read about. When in Florence, we adored our trip to Lucca - read about basically three things to do and one restaurant to eat at, and had a great time. We'd like to find the same thing around Paris. We're hoping to avoid the mass crowds; I know that's a nearly impossible feat. But I was hoping that by posting here, you all would be able to tell us somewhere that's semi-off grid.
Since we're traveling with a baby, if it's a restaurant that's a must-do, it must be family friendly.. Ideally, it will be a beautiful town that we can enjoy just by walking around, grab a glass of wine/champagne somewhere, and just BE.
Our main requirement is that it's within an hour and a half from Paris.
Appreciate any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 2 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 3 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 4 Verona and Lake Garda
- 5 20 Days in Europe
- 6 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 7 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 8 Andalucia in December
- 9 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 10 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 11 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 12 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 13 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 14 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 15 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 16 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 European Cooking Secrets
- 19 Basque country ideas
- 20 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 21 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 22 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 23 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 24 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 25 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice