Heading to Paris in October with husband and son (who will be 11 months at the time) and previously received assistance with picking an apartment.
Now I'm finalizing our plans for the trip.
We want to do a day trip to somewhere that I haven't necessarily read about. When in Florence, we adored our trip to Lucca - read about basically three things to do and one restaurant to eat at, and had a great time. We'd like to find the same thing around Paris. We're hoping to avoid the mass crowds; I know that's a nearly impossible feat. But I was hoping that by posting here, you all would be able to tell us somewhere that's semi-off grid.
Since we're traveling with a baby, if it's a restaurant that's a must-do, it must be family friendly.. Ideally, it will be a beautiful town that we can enjoy just by walking around, grab a glass of wine/champagne somewhere, and just BE.
Our main requirement is that it's within an hour and a half from Paris.
Appreciate any help!
Small town day trip from Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SIM card for eastern europe
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 4 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 5 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 6 Southern France
- 7 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 8 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 italy
- 11 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 12 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 13 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 16 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 17 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 18 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 What to wear
- 21 What still confounds you about travel?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!