I am visiting Rome at the end of the month and looking into tours for the Vatican/St. Peter's/Sistine Chapel and considering a small group tour for the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill. Two friends of mine highly recommend a private tour of the Vatican. Since I am a solo traveler, this would be quite expensive. I did come across Context tours and figured that their 4 hour, smaller group tour (Arte Vaticana), which they quote a maximum of 6 people, would be a good compromise. I am leaning towards this option, although I welcome suggestions for any other reasonably priced small group tours. Through my research, Context seems the most well known for the smaller group size.
Regarding the Colosseum, I am debating between Walks of Italy (with its Underground Colosseum option) and Context Tours. I think I would benefit from a tour to get a good historical perspective rather than wandering around by myself. They are similar in price, although Context Tours does not mention the Underground Colosseum in the regular tour and may charge an extra fee that I am not interested in. I would like some opinions regarding these two options. Is the Underground a must? Context Tours has a smaller group size, which is a plus but I am not sure how important that is for the Colosseum/Forum. Does anyone know if Context Tours would provide more in depth history?
I plan on requesting a Scavi Tour ASAP. Debating about visiting catacombs as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 4 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 5 Madrid airport question
- 6 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 7 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 8 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Aix Provence
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 13 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 14 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 15 What tips can you give about packing?
- 16 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 17 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 18 One night in Rome
- 19 Sintra
- 20 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 21 How the kids age calculated
- 22 Murren to Prague
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 25 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs