I am visiting Rome at the end of the month and looking into tours for the Vatican/St. Peter's/Sistine Chapel and considering a small group tour for the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine Hill. Two friends of mine highly recommend a private tour of the Vatican. Since I am a solo traveler, this would be quite expensive. I did come across Context tours and figured that their 4 hour, smaller group tour (Arte Vaticana), which they quote a maximum of 6 people, would be a good compromise. I am leaning towards this option, although I welcome suggestions for any other reasonably priced small group tours. Through my research, Context seems the most well known for the smaller group size.
Regarding the Colosseum, I am debating between Walks of Italy (with its Underground Colosseum option) and Context Tours. I think I would benefit from a tour to get a good historical perspective rather than wandering around by myself. They are similar in price, although Context Tours does not mention the Underground Colosseum in the regular tour and may charge an extra fee that I am not interested in. I would like some opinions regarding these two options. Is the Underground a must? Context Tours has a smaller group size, which is a plus but I am not sure how important that is for the Colosseum/Forum. Does anyone know if Context Tours would provide more in depth history?
I plan on requesting a Scavi Tour ASAP. Debating about visiting catacombs as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 5 Christmas Day in Granada
- 6 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 9 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 10 Venice/Mestre
- 11 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 12 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Transylvania - June 2018
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 Krakow
- 19 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 20 Quizz !
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 24 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs