I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 travel fan 220v?
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 7 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 8 Guide in Russia
- 9 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 10 WWI Battlefields
- 11 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 14 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 20 Zadar or Sibenik
- 21 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 23 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 24 Rent a Car?
- 25 Whistle stop family road trip
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?