I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 2 Ste Remy France
- 3 bath or york
- 4 car rental info
- 5 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 6 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 7 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 10 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 11 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 15 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 18 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 19 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 20 London tube
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 25 Local Tour in Provence?