I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 November in Rome
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 11 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 17 Rome -- The next time around
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Campania in June, July, September
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?