I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 와와카지노•• ♥━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••♥ 와와카지노
- 2 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 3 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 6 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 7 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 8 planning confusion
- 9 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 10 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 11 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 12 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 13 cash or plastic in Greece
- 14 Dublin transportation help
- 15 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 16 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 17 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 18 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 19 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 20 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 21 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
- 22 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 23 Shopping in Paris
- 24 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 25 North Carolinians Take Warning
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?