I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 2 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 3 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 6 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 7 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 8 We're here!
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 Athens
- 16 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 17 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 18 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 19 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 22 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 23 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 24 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 25 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?