I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 weeks: Great Britain, France, Italy, The Netherlands
- 2 Irish Countryside in 1 day
- 3 Naples to Pompeii
- 4 Cell phones in France and England
- 5 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 6 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 7 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 8 Parking in Italy
- 9 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 10 sim card
- 11 Plan Italy trip
- 12 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 13 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 14 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 15 apartments florence
- 16 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 17 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Florence, Italy
- 20 Italy trains question
- 21 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 22 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 23 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 24 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 25 FCO connection time
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?