I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland driving itinerary
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 4 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 5 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 6 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 7 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 8 Naples or Genoa
- 9 Car hire
- 10 Itinerary help please!
- 11 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 12 France to stop making foie grois
- 13 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 14 Holiday Itinerary
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Visiting the Black Forest
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 19 Greece itinerary ideas
- 20 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 22 Should I speculate?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?