I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 3 Day in Madrid
- 4 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 5 Barcelona and...
- 6 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 7 charming cities in Spain
- 8 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 9 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 10 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 11 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 12 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 13 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 14 Spain during Holy Week
- 15 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 18 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 19 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 April 2017 -Scandinavia
- 22 Norway itinerary advice needed
- 23 Paris catacombs question
- 24 Octoberfest in Munich How it Works
- 25 Rent a Car or Rail Pass
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?