I need to be in Cologne on the evening of June 12, and will fly into either Amsterdam or Paris, arriving in the morning on Thursday June 7 or Friday June 8.
I don't particularly want to spend time in Amsterdam or Paris, but would rather travel slowly to Cologne -- through countryside and interesting smaller towns. Bus, train, boat -- I will just have a small backpack, so very mobile.
I'm having difficulties figuring out the transit -- everything I find on the web seems to be either (a) get a car, or (b) ride a high-speed train from city X to city Y.
How do I research/plan this? And suggestions for interesting routes would be gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 4 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 5 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 6 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 7 Europe in late January
- 8 Northern lights in December
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Puglia or La Langhe
- 13 First time in France
- 14 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 15 Munich
- 16 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 17 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 22 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 23 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 24 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 25 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
"Slow" public transport from Paris or Amsterdam to Cologne?