I am off to Slovenia next month for a week to 10 days and will be renting a car to travel around and visit the country. I have found a few inns that I would like to stay at but wonder if geographically it makes sense to visit them all. The inns are located: in the Soca valley, the Karst region, there is one in Ptuj and I think that we would also like to stay one night in Goriska Brda for wine tasting. We had hoped to stay at a place and make day trips to different towns and sites and then return to the inn at night. We like nature and walking, drinking wine, good meals and meeting local people!!
Thanks so much in advance. The forum is wonderful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 4 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 11 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 12 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 13 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 14 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 15 Oyster card?
- 16 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 London Theater
- 19 multi city flights to europe
- 20 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 21 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Milan and Lake Como
- 24 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 25 Uber in Rome & Lisbon