Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Slovenia Parking Fine- Piran
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Place to propose
- 3 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 4 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 7 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 8 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 9 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 12 Venice in Jan
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 Prague Main Train Station
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 18 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 19 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 20 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport
- 21 Itinerary Questions
- 22 5 days to see Granada - Seville?
- 23 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 24 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 25 Frankfurt Macarons