Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 2 Slovania & Croatia
- 3 apartments florence
- 4 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 5 I'm back.....
- 6 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 7 munich - day trips
- 8 honeymoon in november
- 9 Are you searching for Bulgarian trip?
- 10 Parking in Italy
- 11 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 12 Edinburgh in March
- 13 Paris gtg in October?
- 14 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 15 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 16 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 17 Departure Tax in UK
- 18 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 21 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 22 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 23 European Championship
- 24 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 25 FAQs