Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Slovenia Parking Fine- Piran
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 2 A Week in Spain
- 3 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 4 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 5 Now for the Venice hotel
- 6 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 7 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 8 week in scotland
- 9 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 10 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 11 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 12 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 13 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 14 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 15 Rocamaxour
- 16 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 17 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 18 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 19 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 22 venice, italy
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Where to go in France mid July?