Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 3 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 4 Praiano
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 11 Family vacation to europe
- 12 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 21 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 22 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 23 Rouen Tour Companies
- 24 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations