Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 4 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 5 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 8 Greek Village
- 9 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 12 Sicily help
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 "Too Much Cows"
- 17 Bordeaux to Nice
- 18 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 21 Rome -- The next time around
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 24 Rome to Venice
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?