Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 3 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 4 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 5 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 6 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 7 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 8 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 9 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 10 Alhambra
- 11 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 12 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 13 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 14 Dinge B&B
- 15 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 16 Gluten Free in Italy
- 17 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 18 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 19 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 20 Car rental in Paris
- 21 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 22 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 23 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 24 Sentimental Journey
- 25 A few last minute questions