Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our time in Rome
- 2 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 Enjoying England for a year!
- 6 European Travel in March
- 7 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 8 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 9 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 10 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 11 My First Trip to Europe...
- 12 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 13 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 14 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 15 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 16 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 17 We are back!
- 18 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 19 Europe itinerary review
- 20 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 21 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 22 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 23 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 24 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 25 Greece Itinerary