Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Slovenia Parking Fine- Piran
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Autumn in Paris
- 2 Where to go in France mid July?
- 3 trip to norway
- 4 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 7 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 8 Ireland or Scotland
- 9 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 10 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 11 Cruise the River Shannon
- 12 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 Food tours in Rome?
- 15 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 16 Rome Food Tour
- 17 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 18 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 19 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 20 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 21 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 22 Italy and Croatia
- 23 Help with England/Wales tour
- 24 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 25 Travel between Madrid and Caceres