Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 2 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 3 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 4 Beaune France
- 5 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 6 Firt time VISA applicant
- 7 Cordoba Overnight?
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 advance tickets?
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 38 Days in Paris
- 12 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 13 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 14 A week in Paris
- 15 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 18 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 19 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 20 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 21 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice