Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time Europe Trip
- 2 Tour or independent
- 3 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 6 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 7 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 8 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 9 Hertz Never Lost
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 12 student in denmark
- 13 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 14 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 15 Amalfi or Positano
- 16 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 17 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 18 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 19 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 20 Munich, Germany
- 21 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 22 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 23 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 24 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 25 5 women, Italy, need suggestions