Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 2 Madrid Airport
- 3 Travel help laundary
- 4 Alsace
- 5 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 6 Lisbon Portugal summer trip with kids
- 7 Museum tickets in advance?
- 8 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 9 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 10 Provence wine tasting tours
- 11 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 12 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 13 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 14 My summer in Paris
- 15 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 16 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 17 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 18 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 19 la spezia vs. levanto
- 20 Switzerland Itinerary Help!
- 21 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 22 Amsterdam and beyond
- 23 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 24 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 25 Paris tipping hotel maids