Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Slovenia Parking Fine- Piran
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 2 Reputable Tours
- 3 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 4 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 5 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 6 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 7 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 8 Germany Questions
- 9 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Museums in Berlin
- 12 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 18 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015
- 19 Salzburg and day trips
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 22 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 23 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 24 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 25 Skiing in France