Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 2 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 3 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 4 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 5 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Croatia transportation question.
- 8 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 9 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 12 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 13 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 18 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 19 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 20 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Cutback on Spain trip
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 25 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist