Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 2 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Prague hotels
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 7 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 8 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 9 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 10 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 11 Munich
- 12 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 13 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 14 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 15 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 16 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 17 First Time Solo Travel info
- 18 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 19 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 20 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 21 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 22 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 23 Europe in late January
- 24 Northern lights in December
- 25 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged