Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour or independent
- 2 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 6 Istanbul tour guides?
- 7 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 8 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 3 months to travel Europe!
- 11 student in denmark
- 12 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 13 What to see in Dresden...
- 14 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 15 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 16 Sienna with kids
- 17 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 18 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 19 Day River trips from Porto
- 20 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 21 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 22 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 23 Places to visits near Porto
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 25 Vet my itinerary