Am a newbie to all this but wanted to ask your advice. Unfortunately, got a parking ticket today while visiting Piran in Slovenia as part of our vacation. We have a rental car. Not sure what we did wrong as we parked in a car park a long walk from the town but obviously we parked in the wrong place and we didn't pay as there were no signs. So we did wrong for sure. As the fine is completely in Slovenian and I don't speak it, I am unsure. The writing is quite difficult to read but it looks like the amount of the fine is €200. This seems like a lot. Do you think this could be right? I see that fines in Ljubljana are around €40 which I think would fit the crime a little better. Even €80 would be acceptable as we obviously broke the regulations. Would appreciate your advice as to whether I am reading the ticket correctly as we fly out tomorrow and will return the rental car so we will be at their mercy to sort it. thanks
Slovenia Parking Fine- Piran
- 1 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 2 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 5 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 6 A chacun son goût
- 7 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 8 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 9 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 10 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 11 portugal
- 12 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 13 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 14 I Need To Vent!
- 15 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 16 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 17 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 18 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 19 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 20 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 21 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 22 Seville Cordoba and Grananda
- 23 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 24 Help with itenerary
- 25 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub