I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 4 Grad Schools in London?
- 5 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 6 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 7 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 8 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 11 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 12 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 13 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 14 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 15 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 16 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 17 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 18 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 19 Mama Mia Italy!
- 20 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 21 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 22 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 23 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 24 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 25 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?