I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Village
- 2 Rome to Venice
- 3 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 6 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 7 PARIS
- 8 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 11 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 12 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 16 Rome -- The next time around
- 17 Hotels in Turin
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 Alitala
- 20 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 21 Bordeaux to Nice
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 One free day in Barcelona
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help