I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 2 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 3 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 4 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 5 Tattoos in Italy
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 8 Another Question re Scotland
- 9 Place to stay
- 10 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 11 Charming areas to explore in London
- 12 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 13 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 14 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 15 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 17 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 18 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 19 2 weeks from southern italy
- 20 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 21 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 22 travel around Spain
- 23 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 24 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 25 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help