I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 days or DIY tour
- 2 Rome Areas to stay
- 3 St Germain
- 4 Italy - Month of July
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 8 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 9 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 10 England & Scotland in April
- 11 Your favourite places in Bath
- 12 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 13 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 14 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 15 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 16 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Shipping Prosecco
- 19 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 20 Europe Tour with Kids
- 21 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 22 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 23 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 24 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 25 Italy and Croatia