I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 2 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 8 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 9 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 12 Night Bus?
- 13 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Spain in November
- 15 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad
- 16 Shall we Gdansk?
- 17 What Car Rental Agency in Italy?
- 18 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 3 days outside Venice
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 Jewish Vienna
- 23 Short time in Vienna
- 24 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help