I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France,Spain,Italy
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 6 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 10 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 11 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 14 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 15 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 16 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 19 Schengen Visa Rules
- 20 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 23 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers