I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Courses in Mexico City!
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 6 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 7 best clothing for european winter?
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 12 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 13 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 14 Holiday in Austria
- 15 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 18 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 21 Retiring to Southern France
- 22 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 23 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 24 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 25 Train from Interlaken to Venice
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help