I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 2 Our European adventures
- 3 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 4 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 5 Travel WiFi - France
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 8 England and Wales by public transport
- 9 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 10 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 11 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 12 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 13 Planning Advice!
- 14 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 15 Greece in 15 Days
- 16 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 17 Help with itinerary
- 18 Naples or Genoa
- 19 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 20 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 21 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 22 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 23 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 24 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 25 20 free days of Europe
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help