I am planning a solo two week trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro in mid June and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding my itinerary.
Day 1 Ljubljana - Arrive at lunch time. Afternoon in Ljubljana
Day 2 Ljubljana - Include a visit to Lake Bled
Day 3 Ljubljana
Day 4 Rovinj - Get the first train from Ljubljana to Rijeka. Possibly hire a car in Rovinj. Spend afternoon in Rovinj
Day 5 Rovinj - Tour round Istria area
Day 6 Plitvice - Drive to Plitvice via the hill towns in Istria.
Day 7 Split - Spend morning at Plitvice. Drive to Split in afternoon
Day 8 Split / Hvar island ? - Either spend the day in Split or visit an island (maybe Hvar). Drop hire car off.
Day 9 Sarajevo - Get first bus (6 am) Sarajevo. Arrive at 12:45.
Day 10 Sarajevo
Day 11 Mostar - Leave Sarajevo for Mostar. Spend afternoon and night in Mostar.
Day 12 Kotor - Get first bus from Mostar to Kotor at 7am.
Day 13 Kotor
Day 14 Dubrovnik - Get bus at 08:30. Arrive Dubrovnik at 10:45.
Day 15 Depart from Dubrovnik Fly home ~7pm
I’m not sure if I should spend extra time in either Sarajevo, Kotor or Dubrovnik and either cut day 3, 5 or 7 (Ljubljana, Rovinj, Split/Hvar) from the plan? Has anyone done anything similar and got any advice?
A bit about me – I’m mid 30s, female from the UK. I enjoy scenery – mountains, lakes, waterfalls, sunrises, sunsets, old towns, pretty buildings, people watching, trying to take good photos. I am less interested in partying or lying on a beach and sunbathing, although I do like being by the sea.
I am planning on using public transport but am considering hiring a car for part of the trip (although the idea of driving on the other side of the road does stress me out slightly).
I can appreciate that my itinerary may appear rushed but I am used to travelling quickly and rarely stay anywhere longer than 3 nights.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 2 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 3 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 4 Getting away from it all in Puglia
- 5 Italy Honeymoon 2016
- 6 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 7 Phone cards
- 8 sim card
- 9 February in Florence
- 10 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 11 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 12 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 13 Europe Itinerary
- 14 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 15 Should we go to Vienna?
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 18 11 days in Andalusia
- 19 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 20 Jack the Ripper Tour and Regent Palace Hotel
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Juangfrau / mt
- 23 Renting a car
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Belgium for the 1st time
Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help