After a week in beautiful Slovenia, we didn't meet another Canadian. The size of Massachusetts with a population of only 2 million, we fell in love with the diversity this gem of a country has to offer.It's location,just south of Austria & east of Italy, is reason for the finest cuisine, influenced by its neighbours.The magnificent Julian Alps, charming Lake Bled,spotlessly clean & absolutely beautiful Ljubljana with the weeping willows lining the river running through it, & wonderful little Piran by the sea, are yelling for my fellow Canadians to discover Slovenia while it's still affordable.The Euro will be the official currency in January/07.I highly recommend that this be your destination of choice.
Slovenia: Canadian Tourists- Where are you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 3 What to wear
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Where to buy Venice mask?
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 What to see along the Welsh coast?
- 8 Buying Masks in Venice
- 9 TJ Maxx is selling masks from Venice!
- 10 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 11 Mask Making in Venice
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 Dublin Airport Hotel : Located at the airport, not close by
- 14 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 15 Fashion for larger man?
- 16 Eating in France-two new books
- 17 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 25 Madrid and London