After a week in beautiful Slovenia, we didn't meet another Canadian. The size of Massachusetts with a population of only 2 million, we fell in love with the diversity this gem of a country has to offer.It's location,just south of Austria & east of Italy, is reason for the finest cuisine, influenced by its neighbours.The magnificent Julian Alps, charming Lake Bled,spotlessly clean & absolutely beautiful Ljubljana with the weeping willows lining the river running through it, & wonderful little Piran by the sea, are yelling for my fellow Canadians to discover Slovenia while it's still affordable.The Euro will be the official currency in January/07.I highly recommend that this be your destination of choice.
Slovenia: Canadian Tourists- Where are you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weekend in Norfolk
- 2 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 3 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 6 Bregenz or Lindau
- 7 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 8 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 9 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 10 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 11 Winter in Paris
- 12 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 13 I need some big advice!
- 14 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 15 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 18 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 23 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 Best beach town in Italy?