After a week in beautiful Slovenia, we didn't meet another Canadian. The size of Massachusetts with a population of only 2 million, we fell in love with the diversity this gem of a country has to offer.It's location,just south of Austria & east of Italy, is reason for the finest cuisine, influenced by its neighbours.The magnificent Julian Alps, charming Lake Bled,spotlessly clean & absolutely beautiful Ljubljana with the weeping willows lining the river running through it, & wonderful little Piran by the sea, are yelling for my fellow Canadians to discover Slovenia while it's still affordable.The Euro will be the official currency in January/07.I highly recommend that this be your destination of choice.
Slovenia: Canadian Tourists- Where are you?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 2 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 7 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 10 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 11 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 7 days in Andalucia
- 14 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 Belgium
- 21 Navigo Decouverte
- 22 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 23 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?