After a week in beautiful Slovenia, we didn't meet another Canadian. The size of Massachusetts with a population of only 2 million, we fell in love with the diversity this gem of a country has to offer.It's location,just south of Austria & east of Italy, is reason for the finest cuisine, influenced by its neighbours.The magnificent Julian Alps, charming Lake Bled,spotlessly clean & absolutely beautiful Ljubljana with the weeping willows lining the river running through it, & wonderful little Piran by the sea, are yelling for my fellow Canadians to discover Slovenia while it's still affordable.The Euro will be the official currency in January/07.I highly recommend that this be your destination of choice.
Slovenia: Canadian Tourists- Where are you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 2 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 3 Paris first then where?
- 4 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 5 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 6 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 7 Does this sound feasible?
- 8 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 9 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 10 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 11 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 12 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 13 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 14 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 15 house-renting safe in Slovenija?
- 16 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 17 Easier travel
- 18 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 19 Moroccan food in Paris
- 20 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 21 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 22 Can Kindle books be read on an iPad?
- 23 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 24 Italy things to do?
- 25 Tuscany for wine, food & photography??