I had used this forum quite a bit when I planned my last trip to Europe and it was very helpful..
I was looking for some more of that great first hand experience.
We are planning a Croatia/Slovenia trip next June. We will be spending 3 days in Slovenia driving in from Split and driving to Rovinj. My first thought was to base ourselves near Bohinj and spend one day in lake bled, one day in lake Bohinj, and on our way back to the coast do some whitewater rafting. I have 2 questions.
!. Is being based in one place the way to go to see this area, or would 2 places make more sense?
2. Originally I was leaving Ljubljana off of our itinerary, but the more I read, the more I want to include it. If I did decide to include it, would basing ourselves there make sense? Keeping in mind we will be spending a lot of time hiking/biking etc.
I'm looking for responses from people with experience touring the area.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 3 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 4 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 5 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 6 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 7 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 8 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 9 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 10 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 14 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 Maximizing Norway time
- 17 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 18 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 21 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 24 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como