I had used this forum quite a bit when I planned my last trip to Europe and it was very helpful..
I was looking for some more of that great first hand experience.
We are planning a Croatia/Slovenia trip next June. We will be spending 3 days in Slovenia driving in from Split and driving to Rovinj. My first thought was to base ourselves near Bohinj and spend one day in lake bled, one day in lake Bohinj, and on our way back to the coast do some whitewater rafting. I have 2 questions.
!. Is being based in one place the way to go to see this area, or would 2 places make more sense?
2. Originally I was leaving Ljubljana off of our itinerary, but the more I read, the more I want to include it. If I did decide to include it, would basing ourselves there make sense? Keeping in mind we will be spending a lot of time hiking/biking etc.
I'm looking for responses from people with experience touring the area.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 2 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 8 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 12 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 15 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 16 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 17 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 driving from prague to salzburg
- 20 Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 dining on the 25th in Dublin