I had used this forum quite a bit when I planned my last trip to Europe and it was very helpful..
I was looking for some more of that great first hand experience.
We are planning a Croatia/Slovenia trip next June. We will be spending 3 days in Slovenia driving in from Split and driving to Rovinj. My first thought was to base ourselves near Bohinj and spend one day in lake bled, one day in lake Bohinj, and on our way back to the coast do some whitewater rafting. I have 2 questions.
!. Is being based in one place the way to go to see this area, or would 2 places make more sense?
2. Originally I was leaving Ljubljana off of our itinerary, but the more I read, the more I want to include it. If I did decide to include it, would basing ourselves there make sense? Keeping in mind we will be spending a lot of time hiking/biking etc.
I'm looking for responses from people with experience touring the area.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 2 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 3 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 4 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 5 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 6 Need Information about French Alps
- 7 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 Best Indian Food
- 10 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 16 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 17 Piedmont as a destination
- 18 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 21 dinner jackets
- 22 France Itinerary Advice
- 23 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 24 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 25 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis