I had used this forum quite a bit when I planned my last trip to Europe and it was very helpful..
I was looking for some more of that great first hand experience.
We are planning a Croatia/Slovenia trip next June. We will be spending 3 days in Slovenia driving in from Split and driving to Rovinj. My first thought was to base ourselves near Bohinj and spend one day in lake bled, one day in lake Bohinj, and on our way back to the coast do some whitewater rafting. I have 2 questions.
!. Is being based in one place the way to go to see this area, or would 2 places make more sense?
2. Originally I was leaving Ljubljana off of our itinerary, but the more I read, the more I want to include it. If I did decide to include it, would basing ourselves there make sense? Keeping in mind we will be spending a lot of time hiking/biking etc.
I'm looking for responses from people with experience touring the area.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 6 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 Super Cover For Hertz
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 10 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 11 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 12 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 13 Hotel in Vienna
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 22 Granada to Madrid
- 23 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 24 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 25 Tour groups