Trying to plan surprise 50th for my hubby who wants something"experiential" a/k/a bucket list type of trip. We love adventure (have been canyoneering in Costa Rica, class V rafting, etc but that was a few years ago so I no longer want to risk my life). The trip needs to include hiking and good local food. Leaning towards Slovenia, but hard to get to and would like to know if anyone has been on either REI or Austin Lehman tour. He also wants to see Iceland- I know this is a rambling post- but I really need some great ideas. Coming from ATL, willing to spend 10-12k for 10-14 days. Thanks.
- 1 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 2 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 3 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 4 If your passport is stuck in Charleston
- 5 Tour-Free Travel
- 6 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 7 UK flexipass best option?
- 8 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 9 London Evening Activity
- 10 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 11 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 12 Planning my days in Paris
- 13 Retirement Vacation
- 14 Car Rental recommendations (Heathrow and Gatwick) ?
- 15 Austria - Salzburg to Vienna (Train and Boat)
- 16 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 17 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 18 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 19 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 20 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 21 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 22 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 23 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 24 French Riviera Overview
- 25 Florence, Capri and Amalfi