Trying to plan surprise 50th for my hubby who wants something"experiential" a/k/a bucket list type of trip. We love adventure (have been canyoneering in Costa Rica, class V rafting, etc but that was a few years ago so I no longer want to risk my life). The trip needs to include hiking and good local food. Leaning towards Slovenia, but hard to get to and would like to know if anyone has been on either REI or Austin Lehman tour. He also wants to see Iceland- I know this is a rambling post- but I really need some great ideas. Coming from ATL, willing to spend 10-12k for 10-14 days. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 France,Spain,Italy
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 8 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 11 Portugal Trip
- 12 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 13 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 16 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 19 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 20 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 21 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 22 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 23 Schengen Visa Rules
- 24 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?