I am continuing with my research for this summer’s hopeful trip to Europe and quite frankly, I can’t wait to finish my researching! I am now on Slovakia. The nature there looks great, but as for the architecturally nice sightseeing destinations, I am a little wary. Most destinations seem like they have gorgeous main squares, but…that’s it. I may be wrong and that is why I am posting my questions here:
1. Levoča seems like it has a really nice main square followed by almost nothing more than single-story unimpressive residential homes. For sightseeing, it seems good for no more than a ½ day. Do I have the right impression or am I off?
2. KoŠice looks like it has an architecturally-pleasing and kick-butt (active) long main street. Other than this main drag, there seems to be almost nothing more than communist-era buildings. Is there more to Kosice than its main long street or is that about it in terms of sightseeing and architectural beauty?
3. Bardejov looks really small. Again, it looks like a really pretty main square followed by a few nice backstreets that’s all fortified, but that is about it. For sightseeing, it seems good for no more than a ½ day. Do I have the right impression or am I off?
Anyways, my summer itinerary includes the Czech Republic and yes, Slovakia would be a logistical detour. I do not mind making the detour if any of the 3 towns listed above are attractive like the beautiful places in the Czech Republic I’ve visited (Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary, to name a few). However, I do not want to go into Slovakia just to see nice main squares and that’s it. Please let me know if that’s what the case is or whether I got it all wrong. Thanks.
Slovakia’s Towns/Cities: How They Compare to Czech Republic
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 2 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 5 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Europe in 21 days
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 13 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 UK for 12 days !
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 20 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 London hotel
- 23 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 24 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 25 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon