I am continuing with my research for this summer’s hopeful trip to Europe and quite frankly, I can’t wait to finish my researching! I am now on Slovakia. The nature there looks great, but as for the architecturally nice sightseeing destinations, I am a little wary. Most destinations seem like they have gorgeous main squares, but…that’s it. I may be wrong and that is why I am posting my questions here:
1. Levoča seems like it has a really nice main square followed by almost nothing more than single-story unimpressive residential homes. For sightseeing, it seems good for no more than a ½ day. Do I have the right impression or am I off?
2. KoŠice looks like it has an architecturally-pleasing and kick-butt (active) long main street. Other than this main drag, there seems to be almost nothing more than communist-era buildings. Is there more to Kosice than its main long street or is that about it in terms of sightseeing and architectural beauty?
3. Bardejov looks really small. Again, it looks like a really pretty main square followed by a few nice backstreets that’s all fortified, but that is about it. For sightseeing, it seems good for no more than a ½ day. Do I have the right impression or am I off?
Anyways, my summer itinerary includes the Czech Republic and yes, Slovakia would be a logistical detour. I do not mind making the detour if any of the 3 towns listed above are attractive like the beautiful places in the Czech Republic I’ve visited (Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary, to name a few). However, I do not want to go into Slovakia just to see nice main squares and that’s it. Please let me know if that’s what the case is or whether I got it all wrong. Thanks.
Slovakia’s Towns/Cities: How They Compare to Czech Republic
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 2 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 3 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Pronunciation
- 10 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 11 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 14 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 17 best time to book accommodation
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 20 London visit
- 21 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 24 No points in Paris .....
- 25 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo