I am continuing with my research for this summer’s hopeful trip to Europe and quite frankly, I can’t wait to finish my researching! I am now on Slovakia. The nature there looks great, but as for the architecturally nice sightseeing destinations, I am a little wary. Most destinations seem like they have gorgeous main squares, but…that’s it. I may be wrong and that is why I am posting my questions here:
1. Levoča seems like it has a really nice main square followed by almost nothing more than single-story unimpressive residential homes. For sightseeing, it seems good for no more than a ½ day. Do I have the right impression or am I off?
2. KoŠice looks like it has an architecturally-pleasing and kick-butt (active) long main street. Other than this main drag, there seems to be almost nothing more than communist-era buildings. Is there more to Kosice than its main long street or is that about it in terms of sightseeing and architectural beauty?
3. Bardejov looks really small. Again, it looks like a really pretty main square followed by a few nice backstreets that’s all fortified, but that is about it. For sightseeing, it seems good for no more than a ½ day. Do I have the right impression or am I off?
Anyways, my summer itinerary includes the Czech Republic and yes, Slovakia would be a logistical detour. I do not mind making the detour if any of the 3 towns listed above are attractive like the beautiful places in the Czech Republic I’ve visited (Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Karlovy Vary, to name a few). However, I do not want to go into Slovakia just to see nice main squares and that’s it. Please let me know if that’s what the case is or whether I got it all wrong. Thanks.
Slovakia’s Towns/Cities: How They Compare to Czech Republic
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 4 Gogartys, Dublin
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Europe with young teens
- 8 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 9 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 10 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 11 15 days in Europe,
- 12 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 13 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 16 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 17 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 Sicily 10 days
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 25 Portugal in September