I'm planning a trip to Poland, Slovakia, Austria and the Czech Republic for end-August/early September 2009, and am having trouble finding recommendations for stops in Slovakia while driving en route from Krakow to Vienna. Trencin or Zilina seem like natural stops; any recommendations regarding which place is more picturesque? Are there any other places in western Slovakia we should consider? We love castles/ruins, quaint towns and luxury/boutique hotels. Thanks in advance!
Cheers, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 8 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 9 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 10 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 13 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 14 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 When to Visit Scotland
- 20 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 23 Trains in Alps and UK
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas