I'm planning a trip to Poland, Slovakia, Austria and the Czech Republic for end-August/early September 2009, and am having trouble finding recommendations for stops in Slovakia while driving en route from Krakow to Vienna. Trencin or Zilina seem like natural stops; any recommendations regarding which place is more picturesque? Are there any other places in western Slovakia we should consider? We love castles/ruins, quaint towns and luxury/boutique hotels. Thanks in advance!
Cheers, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Water Shortage
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 4 Visiting Zurich
- 5 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 6 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 7 Moldova and Transnistria
- 8 Getting around London
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 13 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 14 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 15 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 Favorite Champagne houses in Reims and surrounding area
- 18 Iceland in January/February
- 19 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Paris in August
- 22 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 23 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 24 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 25 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas