I'm planning a trip to Poland, Slovakia, Austria and the Czech Republic for end-August/early September 2009, and am having trouble finding recommendations for stops in Slovakia while driving en route from Krakow to Vienna. Trencin or Zilina seem like natural stops; any recommendations regarding which place is more picturesque? Are there any other places in western Slovakia we should consider? We love castles/ruins, quaint towns and luxury/boutique hotels. Thanks in advance!
Cheers, and happy travels!
Slovakia recommendations? Trencin or Zilina?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 2 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 3 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 4 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 5 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 9 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 10 Spain for 7 days
- 11 Normandy in October
- 12 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 13 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 14 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 15 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 16 first family trip to Switzerland
- 17 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 18 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 19 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 20 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 21 Biking across Europe
- 22 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 23 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 24 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 25 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015