I'm planning a trip to Poland, Slovakia, Austria and the Czech Republic for end-August/early September 2009, and am having trouble finding recommendations for stops in Slovakia while driving en route from Krakow to Vienna. Trencin or Zilina seem like natural stops; any recommendations regarding which place is more picturesque? Are there any other places in western Slovakia we should consider? We love castles/ruins, quaint towns and luxury/boutique hotels. Thanks in advance!
Cheers, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 2 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 3 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 4 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 5 Safety concerns?
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Global Travel Warning...
- 10 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 11 Morning in paris
- 12 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 13 Advices about our itiniary
- 14 Balkans Itinerary
- 15 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 16 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 19 Why Not Helsinki?
- 20 Inverness Northern Lights?
- 21 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 22 Places to visit staying in Como
- 23 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 24 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 25 Mona Lisait Returns