I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 Cell Phone Question
- 3 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 8 Campervan in Croatia
- 9 advance tickets?
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 16 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 19 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 20 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 24 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice