I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 2 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 3 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 4 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 5 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 6 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 7 Ravello to Paestum
- 8 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 9 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 10 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 11 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 17 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 18 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 19 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 20 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 21 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 22 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 23 italy itinerary
- 24 5 Days in Corsica
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam