I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
sleeper train safe for female?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 9 Travel with Teens
- 10 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 11 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 14 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 15 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 16 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 17 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 18 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 19 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 20 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 23 I think this is a scam!
- 24 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 25 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters