I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in May and June
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 3 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 4 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 5 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 6 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 Budapest Card
- 14 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 15 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 20 Bath/Cotswolds
- 21 Shorts in South of France?
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Italy travel plan help