I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 2 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 5 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Venice
- 9 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 10 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 11 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 12 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Scotland and London 21 days
- 15 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 17 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 18 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 19 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 20 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Capri in July
- 23 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 24 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 25 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts