I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Zurich to Milan trip
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 10 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 11 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 San Sebastián
- 16 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Ireland with 2 young kids