I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 15 5 Days in Switzerland
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris