I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
sleeper train safe for female?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 2 3 weeks in Europe
- 3 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 4 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 5 London and Where Else in late December?
- 6 Matisse at Tate
- 7 Ireland Southwest
- 8 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 9 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 10 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 11 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 12 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 13 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 14 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 15 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 16 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 17 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 18 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 19 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 20 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 21 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 22 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 23 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 24 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice