I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
sleeper train safe for female?
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 One more last question on Bayeux
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Trip around Spain
- 15 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Medieval Tallinn
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested