I'm planning to travel from Freiburg, Germany to Carcassonne(near Toulouse), France on a sleeper train this June. I'm wondering if this is the best way to travel (or if I should just attempt to sleep in a reclining chair??) The ticket will be first class, but I'm told that I still need to share a room with three other people who may be females or males.
Are these rides safe in general? Do I need to worry about my luggage being stolen? Will I be able to sleep? Or should I break up the trip/take a flight/come up with some other option?
I appreciate any help. This will be my first time traveling in Europe (30 year old female).
sleeper train safe for female?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 2 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 3 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 4 I'm in a funk
- 5 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 6 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 7 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 8 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 9 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 10 Mama Mia Italy!
- 11 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 12 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 13 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 14 Late night train from Prague
- 15 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 16 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 17 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 18 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 19 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 20 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 21 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory
- 22 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 23 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 24 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 25 One week in Ireland itinerary