My husband and I are headed to Turkey first week of June for 8 days and 8 nights.
We land in Istanbul at 10:15am on June 1st.
We would like to spend 4 days in Istanbul
We now have 4 days to spare. Should we spend 2 days Cappadocia and 2 days in Ephesus?
I have recently seen a lot of anient ruins including Roman and Greek.I know that it is not the same, but I am not sure if I want to spend time seeing ruins when there might be something 'different' to do in Turkey. So should I skip Ephesus and save travel time:
5 days Istanbul
3 days Cappadocia
Is there any other place like a 'Dahab' or a more laid back beach area close to any of these cities that we could explore and not take a flight for it?
I know that I have asked many questions, thanks in advance for your help.
Skip Ephesus for 8 day itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottland for a day!
- 2 Paris Shuttle Transport
- 3 England, Paris itinerary help
- 4 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 5 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 6 Emilia Romagna Region
- 7 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 8 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 9 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 12 The Italian Riviera: A review.
- 13 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 14 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 15 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 16 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 17 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 18 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 19 Shipping bags home
- 20 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 21 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 22 Germany for 3 weeks
- 23 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 24 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 25 Portofino or Portovenere?