My husband and I are headed to Turkey first week of June for 8 days and 8 nights.
We land in Istanbul at 10:15am on June 1st.
We would like to spend 4 days in Istanbul
We now have 4 days to spare. Should we spend 2 days Cappadocia and 2 days in Ephesus?
I have recently seen a lot of anient ruins including Roman and Greek.I know that it is not the same, but I am not sure if I want to spend time seeing ruins when there might be something 'different' to do in Turkey. So should I skip Ephesus and save travel time:
5 days Istanbul
3 days Cappadocia
Is there any other place like a 'Dahab' or a more laid back beach area close to any of these cities that we could explore and not take a flight for it?
I know that I have asked many questions, thanks in advance for your help.
Skip Ephesus for 8 day itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 3 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 4 Last few days in Italy -- North of Tuscany -- ideas?
- 5 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 6 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 7 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 8 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 11 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 14 car rental info
- 15 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 16 Rail tickets
- 17 bath or york
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 21 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 22 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 23 Hotel in Venice
- 24 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time