My husband and I are headed to Turkey first week of June for 8 days and 8 nights.
We land in Istanbul at 10:15am on June 1st.
We would like to spend 4 days in Istanbul
We now have 4 days to spare. Should we spend 2 days Cappadocia and 2 days in Ephesus?
I have recently seen a lot of anient ruins including Roman and Greek.I know that it is not the same, but I am not sure if I want to spend time seeing ruins when there might be something 'different' to do in Turkey. So should I skip Ephesus and save travel time:
5 days Istanbul
3 days Cappadocia
Is there any other place like a 'Dahab' or a more laid back beach area close to any of these cities that we could explore and not take a flight for it?
I know that I have asked many questions, thanks in advance for your help.
Skip Ephesus for 8 day itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Banning Fodors
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 France, Italy and Greec
- 4 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 5 Rome---August and September
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 8 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 South of France November Trip Report
- 15 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 16 Clearsky Holidays
- 17 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 18 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Luggage sizing
- 21 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 22 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 25 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United