My husband and I are headed to Turkey first week of June for 8 days and 8 nights.
We land in Istanbul at 10:15am on June 1st.
We would like to spend 4 days in Istanbul
We now have 4 days to spare. Should we spend 2 days Cappadocia and 2 days in Ephesus?
I have recently seen a lot of anient ruins including Roman and Greek.I know that it is not the same, but I am not sure if I want to spend time seeing ruins when there might be something 'different' to do in Turkey. So should I skip Ephesus and save travel time:
5 days Istanbul
3 days Cappadocia
Is there any other place like a 'Dahab' or a more laid back beach area close to any of these cities that we could explore and not take a flight for it?
I know that I have asked many questions, thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Walking itinerary in England?
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 5 Dog friendly hotels
- 6 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Cambridge in May
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Madrid/Lisbon
- 16 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 17 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 18 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 19 Day trips around Vienna
- 20 Greek fuel cost
- 21 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 22 Killarney
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?