My husband and I are headed to Turkey first week of June for 8 days and 8 nights.
We land in Istanbul at 10:15am on June 1st.
We would like to spend 4 days in Istanbul
We now have 4 days to spare. Should we spend 2 days Cappadocia and 2 days in Ephesus?
I have recently seen a lot of anient ruins including Roman and Greek.I know that it is not the same, but I am not sure if I want to spend time seeing ruins when there might be something 'different' to do in Turkey. So should I skip Ephesus and save travel time:
5 days Istanbul
3 days Cappadocia
Is there any other place like a 'Dahab' or a more laid back beach area close to any of these cities that we could explore and not take a flight for it?
I know that I have asked many questions, thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gluten Free in Italy
- 2 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 3 Sentimental Journey
- 4 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 5 Restaurant Open on Monday's near Castlemuzio
- 6 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 7 Portugal trains
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST
- 10 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 11 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 12 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 13 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 14 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 15 Paris w/ Kids -- A family's first trip [report]
- 16 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 17 Royal Caribbean Cruise port to Arlanda, Stockholm airport
- 18 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 19 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 20 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 21 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 22 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 23 Walking GPS?
- 24 A few last minute questions
- 25 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?