Kalimera all. So brief background, this will be my sixth time to the Greek islands in the past four years, clearly I'm addicted. I have been to Crete, Rhodes, Mykonos and santorini multiple times and am finally ready to branch out and see more islands. So I have picked Skiathos based on their reputation for beautiful beaches and good nightlife ( I'm 25). So now for my questions for those who have already ventured to skiathos. Any recommendations for hotels? Should I stay in town? Is this an island I can stay at for eight nights without getting bored? My holidays are strictly for sleeping in, eating delicious food, vegging on the beach all day, wining and dining, and fun late nights out. And repeat the next day. If you think this island wont occupy me for eight nights, should I also try nearby skopelos for a few nights? Aka where mamma Mia was filmed! If you have any recommendations for another island that you feel I would be better suited for, I'm open to any and all suggestions. Efkaristo!!
Skiathos island-questions for a seasoned traveler to the Greek islands
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 3 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 4 Train travel in Europe
- 5 Prague Main Train Station
- 6 Itinerary Questions
- 7 Place to propose
- 8 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 9 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 10 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 13 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 14 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Lake como
- 17 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 18 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 19 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 21 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 22 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 23 Three for the road
- 24 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 25 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?