I'll be traveling to Chamonix towards the end of January 2015. I'm not planning to rent a car and pretty much rely on using public transportation to move around. I'd like to try and ski in three countries! how difficult is to reach Verbier by using train or bus connections and and make it back to Cham the same day? I understand there is a direct shuttle bus every morning to Courmayeur center and takes about 45 mnts to get there. Say if you wanted to stay in town for dinner and get back to Chamonix around 9 or 10 pm with the bus, is this possible or do you have to take a very expensive taxi ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 2 Greece and Italy Combo
- 3 Help with basic itinerary
- 4 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Where are the Mods?
- 9 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 12 Visit to Engand
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 18 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 23 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 24 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 25 Short Trip to Paris
Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?