I'll be traveling to Chamonix towards the end of January 2015. I'm not planning to rent a car and pretty much rely on using public transportation to move around. I'd like to try and ski in three countries! how difficult is to reach Verbier by using train or bus connections and and make it back to Cham the same day? I understand there is a direct shuttle bus every morning to Courmayeur center and takes about 45 mnts to get there. Say if you wanted to stay in town for dinner and get back to Chamonix around 9 or 10 pm with the bus, is this possible or do you have to take a very expensive taxi ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary
Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?