I'll be traveling to Chamonix towards the end of January 2015. I'm not planning to rent a car and pretty much rely on using public transportation to move around. I'd like to try and ski in three countries! how difficult is to reach Verbier by using train or bus connections and and make it back to Cham the same day? I understand there is a direct shuttle bus every morning to Courmayeur center and takes about 45 mnts to get there. Say if you wanted to stay in town for dinner and get back to Chamonix around 9 or 10 pm with the bus, is this possible or do you have to take a very expensive taxi ride?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 2 Capri in July
- 3 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 4 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 5 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 6 help with Italy itinerary
- 7 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 8 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 9 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 13 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 14 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 15 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 16 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 17 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 18 Barcelona with baby
- 19 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 20 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 21 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 22 Norway fjord
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 25 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?