After countless nights figuring out where to spend my big sister's 40th birthday, we finally picked the place: atop the Eiffel Tower at Jules Verne!!! We found super cheap flights to Stockholm so we secured our seats and are set to go. We have enough time for another fabulous city so we chose the Paris of the east, Budapest. Can we do same day excursion to either Prague or Vienna or is that wishful thinking? We don't have a return ticket yet. What other fun things could we do? Please help us make it a trip to remember!
This is what we have so far:
Paris ~ Louvre, Monet's waterlilies, Cluny, river Seine yacht cruise, cafes, shopping, famous ice cream parlors, unique/special tours, Palace Garnier.
Budapest ~ thermal baths, castle, parliament, vaci street, exploring buda and pest sides.
Stockholm ~ vodka ice bar which we saw on the Rick Steves' show. She is regretting this a little because we went for the cheap flights instead of a place she really wanted to go but it looks like a beautiful city to me and I'm sure we'll find lots of things to enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Florence
- 2 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 3 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 4 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 5 First time in Bulgaria
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 12 May get together in Paris
- 13 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Rouen Tour Companies