After countless nights figuring out where to spend my big sister's 40th birthday, we finally picked the place: atop the Eiffel Tower at Jules Verne!!! We found super cheap flights to Stockholm so we secured our seats and are set to go. We have enough time for another fabulous city so we chose the Paris of the east, Budapest. Can we do same day excursion to either Prague or Vienna or is that wishful thinking? We don't have a return ticket yet. What other fun things could we do? Please help us make it a trip to remember!
This is what we have so far:
Paris ~ Louvre, Monet's waterlilies, Cluny, river Seine yacht cruise, cafes, shopping, famous ice cream parlors, unique/special tours, Palace Garnier.
Budapest ~ thermal baths, castle, parliament, vaci street, exploring buda and pest sides.
Stockholm ~ vodka ice bar which we saw on the Rick Steves' show. She is regretting this a little because we went for the cheap flights instead of a place she really wanted to go but it looks like a beautiful city to me and I'm sure we'll find lots of things to enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon's Yahoo Gives Yahoo's Customer Service I*844*29I*67O6* Nmber
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 Lay over time
- 4 ATM at airport
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 K-Day
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 23 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??