After countless nights figuring out where to spend my big sister's 40th birthday, we finally picked the place: atop the Eiffel Tower at Jules Verne!!! We found super cheap flights to Stockholm so we secured our seats and are set to go. We have enough time for another fabulous city so we chose the Paris of the east, Budapest. Can we do same day excursion to either Prague or Vienna or is that wishful thinking? We don't have a return ticket yet. What other fun things could we do? Please help us make it a trip to remember!
This is what we have so far:
Paris ~ Louvre, Monet's waterlilies, Cluny, river Seine yacht cruise, cafes, shopping, famous ice cream parlors, unique/special tours, Palace Garnier.
Budapest ~ thermal baths, castle, parliament, vaci street, exploring buda and pest sides.
Stockholm ~ vodka ice bar which we saw on the Rick Steves' show. She is regretting this a little because we went for the cheap flights instead of a place she really wanted to go but it looks like a beautiful city to me and I'm sure we'll find lots of things to enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 2 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 10 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 11 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 12 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 13 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 Lyon france-- rental car
- 21 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 22 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Greece mainland and islands