After countless nights figuring out where to spend my big sister's 40th birthday, we finally picked the place: atop the Eiffel Tower at Jules Verne!!! We found super cheap flights to Stockholm so we secured our seats and are set to go. We have enough time for another fabulous city so we chose the Paris of the east, Budapest. Can we do same day excursion to either Prague or Vienna or is that wishful thinking? We don't have a return ticket yet. What other fun things could we do? Please help us make it a trip to remember!
This is what we have so far:
Paris ~ Louvre, Monet's waterlilies, Cluny, river Seine yacht cruise, cafes, shopping, famous ice cream parlors, unique/special tours, Palace Garnier.
Budapest ~ thermal baths, castle, parliament, vaci street, exploring buda and pest sides.
Stockholm ~ vodka ice bar which we saw on the Rick Steves' show. She is regretting this a little because we went for the cheap flights instead of a place she really wanted to go but it looks like a beautiful city to me and I'm sure we'll find lots of things to enjoy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 3 Naples, Italy
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 6 Tuscany 6 nights
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 12 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 France & Italy, May or June
- 18 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 19 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 20 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Lisbon trip report
- 25 restaurants in Marais district