I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe in 2011 for my 35th birthday with my 9 year old son. I am a little worried about traveling abroad with just the two of us was wondering if a tour group would be good. Looked into Monograms, Globus & Trafalgar (Disney & Tauck were out of my price range). But I do not like the hotels that are offered with the tours.
Would like to visit London, Paris (and Disneyland Paris) and possibly Venice. Would like the tour group for peace of mind, but wondering if I could plan it out all on my own.
Thinking about the following itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Paris
Paris (4 nights)
Disneyland Paris (2 nights)
train to London
London (3 nights)
fly back to NYC
Still wondering how to fit Venice in and for how long. My budget for the entire trip (without airfare is $3000 - $3500USD). Also not sure which month is better April or August.
Any advice or suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cash machines ATM
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 YIKES!
- 4 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 7 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 12 Charming areas to explore in London
- 13 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 14 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 16 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 17 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 18 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 19 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 20 Swiss Pass
- 21 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 22 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 23 Scotland Trip Report
- 24 Athens International airport
- 25 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?