I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe in 2011 for my 35th birthday with my 9 year old son. I am a little worried about traveling abroad with just the two of us was wondering if a tour group would be good. Looked into Monograms, Globus & Trafalgar (Disney & Tauck were out of my price range). But I do not like the hotels that are offered with the tours.
Would like to visit London, Paris (and Disneyland Paris) and possibly Venice. Would like the tour group for peace of mind, but wondering if I could plan it out all on my own.
Thinking about the following itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Paris
Paris (4 nights)
Disneyland Paris (2 nights)
train to London
London (3 nights)
fly back to NYC
Still wondering how to fit Venice in and for how long. My budget for the entire trip (without airfare is $3000 - $3500USD). Also not sure which month is better April or August.
Any advice or suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Hotel in Vienna
- 4 Engadine Valley help
- 5 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 6 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 9 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 10 Tuscany 6 nights
- 11 France & Italy, May or June
- 12 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 15 1st time in ZURICH
- 16 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 17 Where can I learn how to purchase property in France? (for a US citizen)
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 22 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 25 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London