I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe in 2011 for my 35th birthday with my 9 year old son. I am a little worried about traveling abroad with just the two of us was wondering if a tour group would be good. Looked into Monograms, Globus & Trafalgar (Disney & Tauck were out of my price range). But I do not like the hotels that are offered with the tours.
Would like to visit London, Paris (and Disneyland Paris) and possibly Venice. Would like the tour group for peace of mind, but wondering if I could plan it out all on my own.
Thinking about the following itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Paris
Paris (4 nights)
Disneyland Paris (2 nights)
train to London
London (3 nights)
fly back to NYC
Still wondering how to fit Venice in and for how long. My budget for the entire trip (without airfare is $3000 - $3500USD). Also not sure which month is better April or August.
Any advice or suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 Long weekend in Albania
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 hill of crosses
- 12 A week in the Occitanie
- 13 Munich and....???
- 14 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 15 Iceland March Itinerary
- 16 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 17 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Italy June 6-16