I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe in 2011 for my 35th birthday with my 9 year old son. I am a little worried about traveling abroad with just the two of us was wondering if a tour group would be good. Looked into Monograms, Globus & Trafalgar (Disney & Tauck were out of my price range). But I do not like the hotels that are offered with the tours.
Would like to visit London, Paris (and Disneyland Paris) and possibly Venice. Would like the tour group for peace of mind, but wondering if I could plan it out all on my own.
Thinking about the following itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Paris
Paris (4 nights)
Disneyland Paris (2 nights)
train to London
London (3 nights)
fly back to NYC
Still wondering how to fit Venice in and for how long. My budget for the entire trip (without airfare is $3000 - $3500USD). Also not sure which month is better April or August.
Any advice or suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Naxos car rental
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 15 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 16 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 20 K-Day
- 21 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 22 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 23 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Campervan in Croatia