I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe in 2011 for my 35th birthday with my 9 year old son. I am a little worried about traveling abroad with just the two of us was wondering if a tour group would be good. Looked into Monograms, Globus & Trafalgar (Disney & Tauck were out of my price range). But I do not like the hotels that are offered with the tours.
Would like to visit London, Paris (and Disneyland Paris) and possibly Venice. Would like the tour group for peace of mind, but wondering if I could plan it out all on my own.
Thinking about the following itinerary:
Fly from NYC to Paris
Paris (4 nights)
Disneyland Paris (2 nights)
train to London
London (3 nights)
fly back to NYC
Still wondering how to fit Venice in and for how long. My budget for the entire trip (without airfare is $3000 - $3500USD). Also not sure which month is better April or August.
Any advice or suggestions? Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 6 UK in May and June
- 7 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 Poland to Austria In December
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 12 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 17 Norwegian Air?
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 20 Shorts in South of France?
- 21 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 22 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 23 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 24 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 25 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?