We will be four adults and one 3 year old child traveling to Ireland in mid-June for 1.5 to 2 weeks. I would like to choose just one or maybe two home bases (self-catering cottage or apt) from which to explore. The priority, obviously, won't be a whirlwind tour of the the country. Instead we'd like to concentrate on one or two areas to experience the culture, the charm and the beauty in a slower-paced fashion. I would want our homebase to be within walking distance of a town center so that we don't have a feeling of isolation, and I don't want to have to drive too much more than an hour from home for day trips.
I haven't done a tremendous amount of preliminary research but the Dingle area sounds appealing. I am open to any and all suggestions, though.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 2 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 3 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 4 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Spain and South of France
- 7 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 8 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 Prague itinerary advice
- 11 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 12 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 13 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 14 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 15 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 16 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 17 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 25 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
Single base for a 1.5 to 2 week trip to Ireland. Any suggestions?