My husband and I have been talking about taking our drive from the Cotswolds to York at a leisurely pace. We were wondering if anyone could give us a scenic route or ideas of places to stop along the way. We love smaller roads and seeing little towns vs high speed bland highways. We have driven in Europe many times (thought not on the "wrong" side of the road), so we are not fearful of the unexpected. We've had some of our most memorable times getting "lost" or leaving the beaten track. So if we plan on leaving by 9:00 in the morning and intend to arrive in York by around 5:00 , does that enable us to have some experiences along the way? Appreciate any and all ideas!
Sightseeing between the Cotswolds and York
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 Car in Prague
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 2 Week European Itinerary
- 5 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 6 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 7 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 8 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 9 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 10 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 11 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 12 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 13 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 14 Family European winter holiday
- 15 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 16 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 22 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 23 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast