My husband and I have been talking about taking our drive from the Cotswolds to York at a leisurely pace. We were wondering if anyone could give us a scenic route or ideas of places to stop along the way. We love smaller roads and seeing little towns vs high speed bland highways. We have driven in Europe many times (thought not on the "wrong" side of the road), so we are not fearful of the unexpected. We've had some of our most memorable times getting "lost" or leaving the beaten track. So if we plan on leaving by 9:00 in the morning and intend to arrive in York by around 5:00 , does that enable us to have some experiences along the way? Appreciate any and all ideas!
Sightseeing between the Cotswolds and York
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Venice really dirty?
- 2 Where to go in France mid July?
- 3 Help with England/Wales tour
- 4 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 5 trip to norway
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 Best beach town in Italy?
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 A Greek sojourn
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 17 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 24 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 25 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part