My husband and I have been talking about taking our drive from the Cotswolds to York at a leisurely pace. We were wondering if anyone could give us a scenic route or ideas of places to stop along the way. We love smaller roads and seeing little towns vs high speed bland highways. We have driven in Europe many times (thought not on the "wrong" side of the road), so we are not fearful of the unexpected. We've had some of our most memorable times getting "lost" or leaving the beaten track. So if we plan on leaving by 9:00 in the morning and intend to arrive in York by around 5:00 , does that enable us to have some experiences along the way? Appreciate any and all ideas!
Sightseeing between the Cotswolds and York
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Group Operators
- 2 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 3 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 4 Does this sound feasible?
- 5 I'm in a funk
- 6 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 7 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 8 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 9 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 10 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 11 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 12 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 13 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 14 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 15 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 16 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 17 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 18 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 19 BMW European Delivery program
- 20 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 21 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 22 Eating in University cafeterias
- 23 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 24 travel to western Europe from India
- 25 Good Flamenco in Seville