My husband and I have been talking about taking our drive from the Cotswolds to York at a leisurely pace. We were wondering if anyone could give us a scenic route or ideas of places to stop along the way. We love smaller roads and seeing little towns vs high speed bland highways. We have driven in Europe many times (thought not on the "wrong" side of the road), so we are not fearful of the unexpected. We've had some of our most memorable times getting "lost" or leaving the beaten track. So if we plan on leaving by 9:00 in the morning and intend to arrive in York by around 5:00 , does that enable us to have some experiences along the way? Appreciate any and all ideas!
Sightseeing between the Cotswolds and York
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 2 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 3 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 4 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 5 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 6 Cell phones in Ireland
- 7 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 8 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 9 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 10 Touring Dover Castle
- 11 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 14 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 7 Nights in Paris
- 17 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 18 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 19 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 20 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 21 3 weeks in Europe
- 22 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 23 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 24 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 25 London - Site List Triage -