My husband and I have been talking about taking our drive from the Cotswolds to York at a leisurely pace. We were wondering if anyone could give us a scenic route or ideas of places to stop along the way. We love smaller roads and seeing little towns vs high speed bland highways. We have driven in Europe many times (thought not on the "wrong" side of the road), so we are not fearful of the unexpected. We've had some of our most memorable times getting "lost" or leaving the beaten track. So if we plan on leaving by 9:00 in the morning and intend to arrive in York by around 5:00 , does that enable us to have some experiences along the way? Appreciate any and all ideas!
Sightseeing between the Cotswolds and York
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel
- 2 7 days in Greece
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 5 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 10 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 11 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 12 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 13 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 17 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 18 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Day trip from London to Paris
- 24 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 25 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?