My husband and I have been talking about taking our drive from the Cotswolds to York at a leisurely pace. We were wondering if anyone could give us a scenic route or ideas of places to stop along the way. We love smaller roads and seeing little towns vs high speed bland highways. We have driven in Europe many times (thought not on the "wrong" side of the road), so we are not fearful of the unexpected. We've had some of our most memorable times getting "lost" or leaving the beaten track. So if we plan on leaving by 9:00 in the morning and intend to arrive in York by around 5:00 , does that enable us to have some experiences along the way? Appreciate any and all ideas!
Sightseeing between the Cotswolds and York
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 2 Stay near Paris
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 5 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 6 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 7 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 8 Koper to Trieste
- 9 Trieste and Koper
- 10 What still confounds you about travel?
- 11 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 12 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 16 Pronunciation
- 17 Dublin Tour Companies
- 18 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 22 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!