I will be visiting Munich next month for a week long business trip. I am also staying an extra three full days and then flying back out of Munich. I am considering a side trip for a night or two. This will be my third time in Munich. I have also traveled to Salzburg, Vienna, Hallstatt , Rothenberg ODT, Nuremburg, and Fussen on earlier trips. I would like to visit some other places and I plan to travel by train. I am interested in going somewhere that has a different feel from Munich. I am also interested in somewhere scenic to walk around, unique/historic architecture and experiencing local culture. I am considering Bamberg (breweries), Regensburg, Innsbruck or Prague. I am also open to other suggestions. I am looking for inexpensive, but nice, B&B or hotels. Please advise.
Thanks in advance!
Side Trip from Munich – Please Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 3 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 4 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 5 Hurtigruten Rip-Off
- 6 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 7 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 8 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 9 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 10 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 11 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 12 Hey Fodor's
- 13 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 14 Nice, Airbnb apartment rental
- 15 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 16 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 17 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 18 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 21 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 22 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 23 France in December 2014
- 24 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 25 Europe Itinerary