I will be visiting Munich next month for a week long business trip. I am also staying an extra three full days and then flying back out of Munich. I am considering a side trip for a night or two. This will be my third time in Munich. I have also traveled to Salzburg, Vienna, Hallstatt , Rothenberg ODT, Nuremburg, and Fussen on earlier trips. I would like to visit some other places and I plan to travel by train. I am interested in going somewhere that has a different feel from Munich. I am also interested in somewhere scenic to walk around, unique/historic architecture and experiencing local culture. I am considering Bamberg (breweries), Regensburg, Innsbruck or Prague. I am also open to other suggestions. I am looking for inexpensive, but nice, B&B or hotels. Please advise.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 4 Recommendations needed for rentals in the Tuscan countryside
- 5 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 6 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 7 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 8 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 9 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 10 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 13 What to see in Dresden...
- 14 Tour or independent
- 15 Munich, Germany
- 16 Iceland for 11 days in March
- 17 Sliema, Malta
- 18 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 19 Vet my itinerary
- 20 Hotel advice
- 21 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 22 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 23 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 24 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 25 Just Iceland or Iceland and Europe?