I will be visiting Munich next month for a week long business trip. I am also staying an extra three full days and then flying back out of Munich. I am considering a side trip for a night or two. This will be my third time in Munich. I have also traveled to Salzburg, Vienna, Hallstatt , Rothenberg ODT, Nuremburg, and Fussen on earlier trips. I would like to visit some other places and I plan to travel by train. I am interested in going somewhere that has a different feel from Munich. I am also interested in somewhere scenic to walk around, unique/historic architecture and experiencing local culture. I am considering Bamberg (breweries), Regensburg, Innsbruck or Prague. I am also open to other suggestions. I am looking for inexpensive, but nice, B&B or hotels. Please advise.
Thanks in advance!
Side Trip from Munich – Please Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet in Normandy
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 4 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 5 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 6 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 7 London visit
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations