Hi all, I'm going to be taking a guided tour of Turkey in June, ending up in Istanbul. I'd like to take a short 3 day trip to somewhere near by., preferably an island. I was hoping to go to Santorini but it is expensive ($500+ for a flight). The flight to Rhodes is more reasonable ($325). Any other recommendations?? I'm open to a short cruise as well, but can't find any info on short cruises. Thanks for any help / advice!!
Side Trip from Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 First Time to UK since 2001
- 4 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 16 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 17 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 25 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG