Planning a trip with my 19 y/o daughter and 60 ish parents end of May to Sicily. I'm a little worried that our relatively active family might not have enough to do. It will be my daughters first trip to Italy, and Sicily is on the retired parents bucket list so I'm anxious about making sure its a good trip. I'm looking for some suggestions on an American style hotel, any organized tours that would be fun and informative, as well as a few off the beaten track day trips. On these vacations I like to mix up the local culture with the comforts so that I don't get complaints. Thoughts? The budget is pretty open at this point, but we are locked in to the middle two weeks of May. We will likely fly in and out of Rome, so adding a day two to each end there is also any option. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. And let me know what additional info would be helpful in giving advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 3 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 7 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 8 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 9 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 10 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 11 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 12 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 13 Rome to venice
- 14 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 17 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Areas in Milan
- 20 Melia Colbert Paris
- 21 Perugia
- 22 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 23 Help please
- 24 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 25 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?