Planning a trip with my 19 y/o daughter and 60 ish parents end of May to Sicily. I'm a little worried that our relatively active family might not have enough to do. It will be my daughters first trip to Italy, and Sicily is on the retired parents bucket list so I'm anxious about making sure its a good trip. I'm looking for some suggestions on an American style hotel, any organized tours that would be fun and informative, as well as a few off the beaten track day trips. On these vacations I like to mix up the local culture with the comforts so that I don't get complaints. Thoughts? The budget is pretty open at this point, but we are locked in to the middle two weeks of May. We will likely fly in and out of Rome, so adding a day two to each end there is also any option. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. And let me know what additional info would be helpful in giving advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Itinerary
- 2 train or plane
- 3 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 6 A Month stay in Southern France
- 7 restaurants in Marais district
- 8 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 11 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 12 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 13 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 15 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Shoes in Scotland
- 18 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 19 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???
- 20 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 23 Sicily
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Two for One Days OUt