Trying to decide our next great adventure for summer 2014 (must be summer; only time to travel). We were in Italy this past summer and the further South we went the more we enjoyed the scenery. Also, Sicily's history is appealing with its Arab/Normand influence. We've been to Andalucia and loved it. Would love to explore the island. On the other hand, the South of France has always appealed to us. We could rent a car and drive all over the country. We love history, architecture, nature and art. We are also always on a moderate budget-- is one place less expensive than the other? I've read Sicily is more expensive than the mainland. Ive also read that driving in france is expensive. Thoughts???
Sicily or South of France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Olive Oil
- 2 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 3 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 4 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 5 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 6 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 7 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 8 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 9 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 10 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 11 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 12 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 13 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 14 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 15 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 16 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 17 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 18 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 19 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 20 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 21 Italian itinerary ~ 28 days - review and assistance
- 22 Transports in Santorini
- 23 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 25 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns