Trying to decide our next great adventure for summer 2014 (must be summer; only time to travel). We were in Italy this past summer and the further South we went the more we enjoyed the scenery. Also, Sicily's history is appealing with its Arab/Normand influence. We've been to Andalucia and loved it. Would love to explore the island. On the other hand, the South of France has always appealed to us. We could rent a car and drive all over the country. We love history, architecture, nature and art. We are also always on a moderate budget-- is one place less expensive than the other? I've read Sicily is more expensive than the mainland. Ive also read that driving in france is expensive. Thoughts???
Sicily or South of France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 3 Vienna highlights
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 6 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 7 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 8 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 11 Seville hotels
- 12 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 13 Italy
- 14 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 20 Reims for a day
- 21 Lavender Fields
- 22 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 23 Munich
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice