Trying to decide our next great adventure for summer 2014 (must be summer; only time to travel). We were in Italy this past summer and the further South we went the more we enjoyed the scenery. Also, Sicily's history is appealing with its Arab/Normand influence. We've been to Andalucia and loved it. Would love to explore the island. On the other hand, the South of France has always appealed to us. We could rent a car and drive all over the country. We love history, architecture, nature and art. We are also always on a moderate budget-- is one place less expensive than the other? I've read Sicily is more expensive than the mainland. Ive also read that driving in france is expensive. Thoughts???
Sicily or South of France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 3 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 4 Italy trip questions
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Help with planning a Sicily Itinerary
- 7 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 8 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 9 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 10 caroline_venezia
- 11 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 12 Budget family trip to Europe
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 17 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 18 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 19 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 20 Museums in Berlin
- 21 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 23 Pyrenees logistics
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR