Trying to decide our next great adventure for summer 2014 (must be summer; only time to travel). We were in Italy this past summer and the further South we went the more we enjoyed the scenery. Also, Sicily's history is appealing with its Arab/Normand influence. We've been to Andalucia and loved it. Would love to explore the island. On the other hand, the South of France has always appealed to us. We could rent a car and drive all over the country. We love history, architecture, nature and art. We are also always on a moderate budget-- is one place less expensive than the other? I've read Sicily is more expensive than the mainland. Ive also read that driving in france is expensive. Thoughts???
Sicily or South of France?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 London at Easter
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 18 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 22 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 23 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 24 Advises for trip to Russia
- 25 Dillit Language school in Rome?