We have 14 days for the first time in our lives! It's the first 2 weeks of October. We fly in and out of Rome, and plan to spend 3 nights there first, then 2 more on our return. We like little villages, peasant food, making friends with strangers, staying in cottages off the beaten path, and hiking, snorkeling, and biking. We like to punctuate it all with brief luxurious splurge. If it's to be Puglia, we'll fly into Brindisi and rent a car. We're interested in Lecce, Ostuni, Martina Franca, Matera, and the Gargano if we can squeeze it in. If it's Sicily, I'm most interested in Taormina, Siracusa, and the villages outside it, with a trip to the temples. I'm looking for a villa for a week. Help me decide Fodorites! They both sound so good I'm agonizing, and it's too much for us to do both.
Sicily or Puglia? Itinerary help wanted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can You Name theTen Most Popular Tourist Cities In Europe???
- 2 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 3 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 4 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 5 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 6 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 7 Mont St. Michele?
- 8 Critique my Paris Itinerary
- 9 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 10 Living in Portugal
- 11 Southwestern England
- 12 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 13 Stay in Venice
- 14 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 15 Andalucia itinerary help
- 16 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 17 Escher Museum The Hague
- 18 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 19 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 20 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 21 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 22 Look for Itinerary Advice- Athens, Spetses, Hydra, Naxos, Santorini
- 23 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 24 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 25 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands