We have 14 days for the first time in our lives! It's the first 2 weeks of October. We fly in and out of Rome, and plan to spend 3 nights there first, then 2 more on our return. We like little villages, peasant food, making friends with strangers, staying in cottages off the beaten path, and hiking, snorkeling, and biking. We like to punctuate it all with brief luxurious splurge. If it's to be Puglia, we'll fly into Brindisi and rent a car. We're interested in Lecce, Ostuni, Martina Franca, Matera, and the Gargano if we can squeeze it in. If it's Sicily, I'm most interested in Taormina, Siracusa, and the villages outside it, with a trip to the temples. I'm looking for a villa for a week. Help me decide Fodorites! They both sound so good I'm agonizing, and it's too much for us to do both.
Sicily or Puglia? Itinerary help wanted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tight Planning?
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 7 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 8 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 9 Travel with Teens
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 Estonia Amber
- 12 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 One week in Venice - trips
- 17 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 18 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 19 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 20 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 21 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 Italy
- 24 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 25 accommodation woes - Sicily