We have 14 days for the first time in our lives! It's the first 2 weeks of October. We fly in and out of Rome, and plan to spend 3 nights there first, then 2 more on our return. We like little villages, peasant food, making friends with strangers, staying in cottages off the beaten path, and hiking, snorkeling, and biking. We like to punctuate it all with brief luxurious splurge. If it's to be Puglia, we'll fly into Brindisi and rent a car. We're interested in Lecce, Ostuni, Martina Franca, Matera, and the Gargano if we can squeeze it in. If it's Sicily, I'm most interested in Taormina, Siracusa, and the villages outside it, with a trip to the temples. I'm looking for a villa for a week. Help me decide Fodorites! They both sound so good I'm agonizing, and it's too much for us to do both.
Sicily or Puglia? Itinerary help wanted.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 2 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 3 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 4 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 8 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 9 British drivers
- 10 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 11 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 12 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 15 A full week in The Netherlands
- 16 Prague Main Train Station
- 17 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 18 Spain Travel
- 19 Venice in Jan
- 20 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 Southern France
- 23 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 24 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.