We have 14 days for the first time in our lives! It's the first 2 weeks of October. We fly in and out of Rome, and plan to spend 3 nights there first, then 2 more on our return. We like little villages, peasant food, making friends with strangers, staying in cottages off the beaten path, and hiking, snorkeling, and biking. We like to punctuate it all with brief luxurious splurge. If it's to be Puglia, we'll fly into Brindisi and rent a car. We're interested in Lecce, Ostuni, Martina Franca, Matera, and the Gargano if we can squeeze it in. If it's Sicily, I'm most interested in Taormina, Siracusa, and the villages outside it, with a trip to the temples. I'm looking for a villa for a week. Help me decide Fodorites! They both sound so good I'm agonizing, and it's too much for us to do both.
Sicily or Puglia? Itinerary help wanted.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 2 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Munich and Dachau
- 5 London visit
- 6 Duoro river cruises
- 7 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 8 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 9 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 13 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 14 Small group for Colosseum
- 15 SIM card for eastern europe
- 16 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 17 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 18 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 19 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 20 Madrid and London
- 21 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 22 21 Days in Central Europe
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 25 car rental advice in Portugal