I've been away for a while but counting on your help! My dear bf and me are getting married in Belgium on April 14th! At first it didn't look like we'd be able to go on honeymoon right after the wedding due to work, so we're planning a longer trip later this year. But now it seems like we'll be able to take 1 week after all! Yay! With so many other wedding preparations going on at the moment, I hope I can count on your help to find a great place for that 1 week.
- Not too far from Belgium as we will only be out for 6 or 7 days. Given current political situation not Middle-East, so that probably leaves us in Europe.
- Nice weather: doesn't need to be hot, but some sunshine and +20C would be nice.
- Good mix of culture, nature (light hiking) and some relaxation, preferably coast nearby. We wouldn't mind driving around an area, but perhaps not change hotels every night. 1 to 3 hotels for the period.
- Lovely accomodation, though not super-de-luxe needed: personal service, nice setting, nice view, quiet, a swimming pool. Say around 150-200 euro a night. No big all-inclusive resort type.
- An area where it isn't too hard to find vegetarian food for my bf.
We were thinking Amalfi coast or Sicily. I have seen a lot of Italy, but all North of Rome, never been in the South.
What are your thoughts and where would you recommend us to go? Any other place than Italy? Southern Spain/Portugal/Greece?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 2 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Italy travel plan help
- 5 Globus Iberian Tour
- 6 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 7 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 8 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 9 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 Thinking about the Fjords
- 12 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 15 road trip through scotland
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 18 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 19 Poland to Austria In December
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days