I am heading to Sicily (FINALLY!!) this September.
We are looking to leave US on Sept 11 and arrive in Sicily on Sept 12
We will be leaving Sicily September 21st.
I need to arrange two days somewhere in there to visit family and do some genealogy in Agrigento region (I will be staying in Cianciana and driving to San Biagio Platani & Santo Stefano di Q)
So beyond those two days I want to see the different regions if possible.
We will have a car.
We were thinking Fly in, Palermo day 1 & Rent car.
Day two, head to Agrigento for the 2 days.
Taormina with Etna for 2 or 3 days?
Siracusa 2 days?
Head back to Palermo for last day and see what we didn't get a chance to see on day 1 and then fly out?
If this too far spread out or is the island small enough to be able to drive it and get full days in?
I am so confused on how to set this up.
I prefer smaller towns to huge ones. We would love to see a beach, walk the streets and get lost, eat amazing food, etc..
We went to Rome/Florence/Venice last year. We were head over heels in Florence and Tuscany. Loved roaming. Really didn't enjoy Venice as it was too touristy.
So I was worried if Taormina would be at that level of tourists. I hear Sept the crowds die down but wasn't sure so early in the month.
Help is appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 4 LIsbon
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 7 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 8 Luggage Storage
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 15 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 16 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Back from Paris
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Summer Travel order
- 25 10 days in Paris and......