I am heading to Sicily (FINALLY!!) this September.
We are looking to leave US on Sept 11 and arrive in Sicily on Sept 12
We will be leaving Sicily September 21st.
I need to arrange two days somewhere in there to visit family and do some genealogy in Agrigento region (I will be staying in Cianciana and driving to San Biagio Platani & Santo Stefano di Q)
So beyond those two days I want to see the different regions if possible.
We will have a car.
We were thinking Fly in, Palermo day 1 & Rent car.
Day two, head to Agrigento for the 2 days.
Taormina with Etna for 2 or 3 days?
Siracusa 2 days?
Head back to Palermo for last day and see what we didn't get a chance to see on day 1 and then fly out?
If this too far spread out or is the island small enough to be able to drive it and get full days in?
I am so confused on how to set this up.
I prefer smaller towns to huge ones. We would love to see a beach, walk the streets and get lost, eat amazing food, etc..
We went to Rome/Florence/Venice last year. We were head over heels in Florence and Tuscany. Loved roaming. Really didn't enjoy Venice as it was too touristy.
So I was worried if Taormina would be at that level of tourists. I hear Sept the crowds die down but wasn't sure so early in the month.
Help is appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow