I am heading to Sicily (FINALLY!!) this September.
We are looking to leave US on Sept 11 and arrive in Sicily on Sept 12
We will be leaving Sicily September 21st.
I need to arrange two days somewhere in there to visit family and do some genealogy in Agrigento region (I will be staying in Cianciana and driving to San Biagio Platani & Santo Stefano di Q)
So beyond those two days I want to see the different regions if possible.
We will have a car.
We were thinking Fly in, Palermo day 1 & Rent car.
Day two, head to Agrigento for the 2 days.
Taormina with Etna for 2 or 3 days?
Siracusa 2 days?
Head back to Palermo for last day and see what we didn't get a chance to see on day 1 and then fly out?
If this too far spread out or is the island small enough to be able to drive it and get full days in?
I am so confused on how to set this up.
I prefer smaller towns to huge ones. We would love to see a beach, walk the streets and get lost, eat amazing food, etc..
We went to Rome/Florence/Venice last year. We were head over heels in Florence and Tuscany. Loved roaming. Really didn't enjoy Venice as it was too touristy.
So I was worried if Taormina would be at that level of tourists. I hear Sept the crowds die down but wasn't sure so early in the month.
Help is appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ASSist:: HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 3 What route for Reykjanes Peninsula?
- 4 3 nights in Madrid
- 5 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 8 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 9 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 10 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 11 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 12 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 13 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 14 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 15 Trip to Switzerland
- 16 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 17 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 Rome hotel
- 20 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Seville to Cordoba
- 23 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 24 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 25 London 6 day itinerary