I am heading to Sicily (FINALLY!!) this September.
We are looking to leave US on Sept 11 and arrive in Sicily on Sept 12
We will be leaving Sicily September 21st.
I need to arrange two days somewhere in there to visit family and do some genealogy in Agrigento region (I will be staying in Cianciana and driving to San Biagio Platani & Santo Stefano di Q)
So beyond those two days I want to see the different regions if possible.
We will have a car.
We were thinking Fly in, Palermo day 1 & Rent car.
Day two, head to Agrigento for the 2 days.
Taormina with Etna for 2 or 3 days?
Siracusa 2 days?
Head back to Palermo for last day and see what we didn't get a chance to see on day 1 and then fly out?
If this too far spread out or is the island small enough to be able to drive it and get full days in?
I am so confused on how to set this up.
I prefer smaller towns to huge ones. We would love to see a beach, walk the streets and get lost, eat amazing food, etc..
We went to Rome/Florence/Venice last year. We were head over heels in Florence and Tuscany. Loved roaming. Really didn't enjoy Venice as it was too touristy.
So I was worried if Taormina would be at that level of tourists. I hear Sept the crowds die down but wasn't sure so early in the month.
Help is appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in August
- 2 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Christmas in Spain
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Train travel to and from Paris
- 8 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 21 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 24 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 25 Use of Train Tickets