We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples or Genoa
- 2 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 3 Prague on a budget...
- 4 December in Slovenia
- 5 Itinerary help please!
- 6 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Norway road trip- September 2016- suggestions please
- 9 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 10 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 11 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 12 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 13 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 14 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 15 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 16 From Genoa to Rome...
- 17 Spain in November
- 18 5 nights in Andalusia
- 19 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 20 Greece Itinerary
- 21 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 22 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 23 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 24 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 25 How big backpack do I need?
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo