We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help in travel planning
- 2 Italy/Greece with kids
- 3 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 4 Puglia or La Langhe
- 5 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 6 Munich
- 7 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 8 Prague hotels
- 9 Northern lights in December
- 10 Booking hotels before trains
- 11 Flights from Croatia
- 12 What to expect over Christmas
- 13 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 Budapest
- 16 First time in France
- 17 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 18 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 19 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Rome
- 22 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 23 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo