We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Arc de Triumph Question
- 4 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 5 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 London 2nd time around
- 11 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 12 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 17 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 18 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 19 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 20 Rovinj, Croatia
- 21 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 22 Paris November 2014
- 23 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 24 Traveling in France by train
- 25 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.