We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 2 Nocelle on the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Women's semi-stylish, comfortable shoes?
- 4 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 5 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 6 Advice please: 10 days in South-West England with a toddler
- 7 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 8 Netflix and Hulu
- 9 Taxi Heathrow
- 10 Wolverhampton - York - Durham - Edinburgh
- 11 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 12 Car rental return Nice
- 13 3/4/ days South of France
- 14 Rental car return in Nice
- 15 Antwerp Tram
- 16 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 17 Paris hotels
- 18 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 19 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 20 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 21 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 22 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 23 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 24 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 25 French open 2017
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo