We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 2 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 3 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 4 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 5 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 6 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 7 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 11 Madrid airport question
- 12 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 13 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 vegetarian in spain
- 17 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 18 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 22 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 23 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 24 Imbros Gorge
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo