We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Scotland Trip
- 5 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 6 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 7 Advices about our itiniary
- 8 What to take to Germany
- 9 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 10 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 11 4 week trip Turkey
- 12 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 13 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 14 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 15 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 18 Private transportation
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 20 Suggestions for travel
- 21 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 22 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 23 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 24 Holiday in Austria
- 25 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo