We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 빠징코 릴게임 ≪접속주소 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 2 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Trip suggestion
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Back from Paris
- 8 Summer Travel order
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 10 LIsbon
- 11 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 12 Corfu
- 13 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 14 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 15 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 23 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 24 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 25 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo