We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 4 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 5 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 6 One week in Europe
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 17 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 18 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 19 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 London Theater
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo