We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 destination wedding
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 4 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 5 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 8 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 9 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 10 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 11 London Private Detectives
- 12 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 Calling Jamikins
- 15 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 16 A drive in Europe
- 17 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 18 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 19 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 20 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Europe in 21 days
- 23 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 24 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 25 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary