Am visiting Sicily with my husband in October - we will have 16 nights, arriving by car from Calabria so am assuming we should start in Taormina and will complete our visit in Palermo (where we will drop off our rental car and fly to Rome)... we are comfortable and experienced driving in Italy... enjoy touring, visiting towns, sitting in piazzas, exploring ruins and would enjoy a bit of sea side views as well. To see the highlights it looks like our only option is a Sicilian road trip, so lots of checking in and checking out and finding our way about towns to new accommodations and parking. The itinerary posted here is rough for planning purposes and with this as a frame, I would have 2 extra days to add to certain destinations... I would appreciate any advice or comments on how to adjust this to ensure the best possible itinerary... Thanks so much.
Sicily Itinerary help - 15 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Sardinia trip report
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 7 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 8 Granada
- 9 Coffee in Naples
- 10 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Eastern Europe
- 13 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 14 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 15 Azores
- 16 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 17 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 18 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 19 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 20 4 weeks in the UK
- 21 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 24 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 25 First time to Switzerland