Currently planning a 9-day trip to Sicily next summer, late June/early July. Family with young child. Will be flying into Catania straight from downunder. Thinking about basing ourselves in Taormina for 5 nights (a slow first couple of days to get over jetlag/travel). From Taormina, will do day trips to Mt Etna, Syracuse/Noto, might go all the way to the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento.
Then head to the Aeolian Islands for 3 nights (haven't decided on which one yet), return to Taormina for 1 night before flying out of Catania early next morning.
Appreciate any comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Ronda Wine/biking
- 6 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 16 How to rent a car
- 17 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 18 Day trips from Florence
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 May get together in Paris