Currently planning a 9-day trip to Sicily next summer, late June/early July. Family with young child. Will be flying into Catania straight from downunder. Thinking about basing ourselves in Taormina for 5 nights (a slow first couple of days to get over jetlag/travel). From Taormina, will do day trips to Mt Etna, Syracuse/Noto, might go all the way to the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento.
Then head to the Aeolian Islands for 3 nights (haven't decided on which one yet), return to Taormina for 1 night before flying out of Catania early next morning.
Appreciate any comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 US foods not available in the UK
- 4 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Amsterdam and...?
- 7 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 8 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 9 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 10 Andalucia Spain
- 11 Whistle stop family road trip
- 12 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 15 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 16 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 17 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 18 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 19 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 22 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 25 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus