I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 2 Night Bus?
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 5 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 6 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 7 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 8 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 11 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 12 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 15 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 16 Spain in November
- 17 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 18 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 21 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 22 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 25 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?