I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 2 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 3 Paris November 2014
- 4 Arc de Triumph Question
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 7 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 15 London 2nd time around
- 16 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 19 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 20 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 21 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 22 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 23 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 24 Rovinj, Croatia
- 25 Which lake to visit in Italy