I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
- 1 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 2 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 3 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 4 Stonehenge
- 5 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 6 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 7 Yet another train question......
- 8 Getting the best our of Europe
- 9 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 10 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 11 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 12 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 13 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 14 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 15 Reichstag tickets
- 16 Paris Ticket t+
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 18 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 19 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 20 One week in Norway
- 21 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 22 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 23 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 24 Am I too fat too travel?
- 25 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?