I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 2 Amalfi or Positano
- 3 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 4 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 5 Public Transport information App/Website
- 6 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 7 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 8 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 9 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 10 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 11 12 Days in Italy
- 12 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 13 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 14 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 15 house exchange
- 16 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 17 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 18 Poland in September
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Croatia travel ideas
- 21 Taormina, Sicily
- 22 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 23 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 24 River Boat Cruise
- 25 Sliema, Malta