I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 2 Charles Degaulle question
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 5 Austria
- 6 Renting a car in Florence
- 7 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 8 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 9 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 10 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 11 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 12 First time in Italy
- 13 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 14 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 15 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 16 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 17 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 18 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 19 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 20 Pompeii luggage storage
- 21 Train Help
- 22 Train rides
- 23 12 days in Austria
- 24 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 25 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice