I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Europe
- 2 3nights in Venice
- 3 London Theater
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 6 multi city flights to europe
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 9 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 10 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 11 My final Prague itinerary
- 12 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 13 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 14 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 15 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 16 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 19 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 20 Private Guide in Lyon
- 21 13 nights in switzerland
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Journees du patrimonie 2017