I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Germany or Sweden
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 November in Rome
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Whathello Paris
- 8 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 11 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 14 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 17 Rome -- The next time around
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Campania in June, July, September
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018