I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny in early October?
- 2 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 3 Air France strike
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 6 Two Days in Prague
- 7 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 8 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 9 Schengen Visa
- 10 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 11 Alterations to night trains routes
- 12 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 london in 2.5 days
- 15 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 16 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 17 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 18 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 19 London GTG late September?
- 20 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 21 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 22 Florence Hotel Advice
- 23 Escargot
- 24 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal